Difference between 4G LTE (Installed) vs. Home internet 4G LTE
trombkd
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I move from capped svc. on 4G LTE (Installed) to fixed 4G LTE home internet w/out cap?

What's the difference between 4G LTE and 4G LTE - LTE Advanced?

0 Likes
Re: Difference between 4G LTE (Installed) vs. Home internet 4G LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It seems that you are currently working to solve some data issues you have at home. Is this correct? I review another thread 3 days ago about you having VZ LTE Internet (Installed) using a cantenna to access the internet with a cap of 15 GBs. 

To go over your question, LTE Home Internet is a home broadband internet service that brings the Verizon 4G LTE network into your residence. It is available in certain areas with 4G LTE network service where there are no other Verizon broadband options (Fios, 5G Home, etc.). With LTE Home Internet you can stream video at 1080p, plus you can enjoy unlimited data with no data caps. This will require you to have a LTE Home Router and address is are a qualified area. You can check your eligibility here: https://www.verizon.com/home/lte-home-internet/

Lastly, the difference between 4G LTE and LTE Advance is that it uses software to combine two or three channels – a combination of 700 MHz, AWS, and PCS spectrum – into one larger pipeline to allow data sessions to choose the most efficient route to completion. This means it is a slightly more advanced and faster network than the original 4G LTE network. Did this information help? 

0 Likes
tarhealer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have you had any resolution for this problem?

I have had a cantenna and 4G LTE for home internet in a rural area for probably 5 years and it has worked well until I use up the 15 GB fast data then it is worthless.  According to the Verizon website and the staff at the store my address does not qualify for home internet service and technical support says that the new router will not work well at my address.

I would just like to pay the $40/month (instead of the $20/month current line charge) for unlimited data on my existing hardware but I can't seem to get anywhere since the sales department says I am not eligible for the service that I have already been getting.

Very frustrating.  Thanks for any advice you can give

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tarhealer, we do apologize for this instance. I know this situation has been frustrating and I do apologize. I would love to look closer into this situation for you. Please click http://on.fb.me/KdwH96 to send us a private message via Facebook so that we can continue. 

-Roni

0 Likes
nancyh128
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this same question. I’ve had the Cantenna LTE Installed for more than 5 years. I would like to upgrade to the newer 4G LTE Home Internet. The link says it's not available at my address. I live in a rural area with limited internet options. Why wouldn’t the 4G LTE home internet be available at our address when we already have the 4G LTE Installed? I don’t need the Cantenna on the roof to have good signal. We have a good Verizon signal when we connect phones and tablets directly to Verizon. We actually rarely connect those devices to WiFi through the Cantenna because we like to save the monthly 15 GB for use by the computer. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your feedback, nancyh128. What we can say is that if it's not available now, please feel free to check back with the link from time to time as we are updating the coverage for many areas in the upcoming months. 

-Nicci

0 Likes