Disappointed in Verizon...4G Plans
rscultho

I am currently looking for a tablet, and was excited to hear about Verizon offerring the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet, and then I found out that they would be charging $30 a month for only 2Gb of data ($50/5Gb, $80/10Gb!!)...talk about the air going out my ballon.

I've tried every way possible to justify staying with Verizon, but it looks like I'll be going to the iPad 2 and AT&T. Not only are they a little cheaper on the data plan, but they offer month-to-month pricing.

Verizon - you could be so much more than you are. I realize you will always charge a premium price, but for that you must deliver a premium service and plans. You can't just expect everyone to want to lock in 2 years at the highest prices on the market.

So very disappointed in Verizon...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disappointed in Verizon...4G Plans
budone
Legend

Remember the best ATT can offer is a 3G connection.So I think the plans are comparable. And ATT only offers up to a 2GB plan and that at $25. So a better network, much more 3G AND 4G accessibility. 

And the IPads on VZW are month to month. Dont know where you received your info....ATT maybe???

16GB iPad

0 Likes
rscultho

My info came from a Verizon customer service rep. I called and asked.

The 4G plans are as I stated, and what I was referring to...as far as availability and access to signal that's all marketing. As I stated I currently haave a Droid X with Verizon.

0 Likes
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

You will be able to get the Galaxy Tab 10.1 on the month to month pricing as well, you will just have to wait until it actually goes on sale and is off of pre-order. AT&T plans and Verizon plans are basically the same per month. You can get any device on a month to month plan.

0 Likes
rscultho

Really? The service rep i spoke to did not mention that...do you know how long until the "sale" is off?

0 Likes
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately, I don't know when, but when it does come off of the pre-sale, the full retail pricing is $629.99, and that is cheaper than a 16GB iPad.

0 Likes
DbG2514
Contributor - Level 3

Actually, the 16GB and 32GB are the same pricing as the iPad2, I apologize for the incorrect info above

0 Likes