Discount offers?
JOHNNY_
Enthusiast - Level 1

I keep getting calls on my cell phone telling me to go to vz201.com to claim my account "discount" that I have been awarded.  Last offer was for $200.  Are these offers legitimate?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Discount offers?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@dennisok,

Keeping your account safe is definitely important! I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please rest assured that VZW does not share our customer information.

I recommend that you do not provide any account specific information when receiving calls from those numbers. If it is truly VZW calling you we already have the account information available and would not ask you to provide it during the call.

If you have the number that called, you can block it for free http://bit.ly/1e0wdg8.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

No they are not. They want suckers to give their account information. Many posts on this in the forum.

Good Luck

dennisok

yeah they called me too.  My question is, how do they know my mobile number is a verizon number?  I'm trying to be careful with my personal information but, this stuff still seems to leak out somehow.  And, is verizon doing anything to curtail the antics these clowns?  vz201.com, honestly... and the automated recording sounded cheesy.  i wonder if verizon could text their clients to ignore these messages while they address the problem?  Someones always gonna look for a way to easily steal a dollar, or two, but can something be done to make it harder for them?

0 Likes
Dersequim

Got mine 20 Mins ago! After I hung up I called their Number Back and I can get a 2 Night Carribian Cruise and $600+ Cruise Credit for ONLY $59.95 Apiece.  WAHOO!!  The Call Back # is 1-800-229-8623. Why doesn't SOMEBODY from VZ Call them and STOP this? I tried to discuss this matter with them,  BUT after 8 mins on hold I gave up! Am loading this number in blocked calls.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Let me write this in the nicest way......"Never call the number back, it verified your number" now the scammers will call your number enmass since you returned the call.

Same goes for those text message scams, never click on the links nor reply stop. It verifys your number.

The scammers use dictionary attacks to greap your cell number, they really don't know if its verizon or sprint or T-Mobile or AT&T they wait for the suckers to reply.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@dennisok,

Keeping your account safe is definitely important! I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please rest assured that VZW does not share our customer information.

I recommend that you do not provide any account specific information when receiving calls from those numbers. If it is truly VZW calling you we already have the account information available and would not ask you to provide it during the call.

If you have the number that called, you can block it for free http://bit.ly/1e0wdg8.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes