Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Does the "X" in XLTE stand for Extra Slow?
Not applicable

When XLTE was introduced they forgot to tell us the "X" was for extra slow.

Ever since the NEW and IMPROVED XLTE service has come out my performance has been cut in 1/2 or worse.  Before XLTE it averaged 6-8 down now it averages 2-4, Before XLTE it averaged 2-3 up now it averages 1+ up.

1.  My tests before and after LTE all use the same server in the Chicago area.
2.  The includes multiple locations.  Even the performance next to a tower has decreased 50%.
3.  This is using 100's of tests on OOKLA since October 2013

To dismiss it is a device issue I was everywhere from Clymer, PA to Pittsburg, PA this last week and the phone speed tests were great it averaged 15-20 down and 8-10 up.  **These also used the same TEST server in Chicago and it is farther away from PA.

IPHONE 5S

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does the "X" in XLTE stand for Extra Slow?
LRVassar

XLTE is just rebranding LTE. It's a marketing gimmick.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource

0 Likes