Dormant
Riverton2

Why in the middle of a session does the device go Dormant? And just what does that mean. Also, how can signal strength go from three bars to no bars while i have not moved

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dormant
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

The "dormant" just means you haven't moved from a current page for a while. (they haven't heard from you)   It's no biggie.

The signal fluctuation is what 85% of this forum is all about.   GAWD knows .... Verizon apparently doesn't

0 Likes
deloswilbur
Enthusiast - Level 3

The dormant can be an issue however as it will affect a data stream if it happens in the middle of it, and it does happen in the middle of an active data stream (wasn't sure if that is what you meant by session).  There doesn't seem to be a fix, I have tried a constant ping and some other apps to keep session alive but they don't work.

0 Likes
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

DelosWilber; I think you might be right about that.   While I was <RETURNING to forum from your message the LOADING...  was prolonged.  I took a look at Access Manager and it was sitting on "Dormant".   I don't know if it was related, but I'm conscious of it now.

Thanks.

0 Likes