Down again?
mack87

My Galaxy Nexus worked great all day but it's no longer working. No text messages, no voice, no internet. Is this down again? Verizon seriously needs to rethink their rollout of 4g because it is NOT ready! I don't feel like being a beta tester for them! If I am going to beta testing I want to be making $! 

This started around 600 PM EST near DE. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Down again?
JGouse

Around 7:00p in Northeast PA, I lost data and then kept alternating between 4G and 3G.  Service seems like it may be normalizing again now though.  I think Verizon may need to use a dictionary and find out what the word "fixed" really means.  :smileysad:

I agree with your assessment: it really does feel like we're Beta testers!

0 Likes
mack87

We really are beta testers. Mine has been out solid since I posted this... around 530 pm I believe it went out. 

0 Likes
gsdodge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, still down.  I lost 4G connection on Wednesday morning and saw it come back up only for a VERY SHORT while early Thursday morning then down again and it has not been recovered.  My 3G connection went down about 1:00pm on Wednesday and I saw it up for VERY BRIEFLY early this morning, but it went down again and is still down in my area (Alexandria, VA).  So basically since 1:00pm on Wednesday I have only had a 1x connection with the exception of about 20 minutes total between 3G and 4G!.  And Verizon claims that this is the most reliable network!

However, I have to say, I also have a Sprint 4G aircard that worked for only 3 months before it quite entirely following one of their software updates.  I have taken my Laptop into the Sprint centers and they cannot get their "Smart" connection software to recognize the device on my machine, although it will work on theirs.  So I still have to pay but for NO service.

AT&T is no better.  I had one of their aircards as well but went to a major conference center and it would not receive any signal.  Coverage was very spotty. 

They all appear to be using us as BETA testers but charging PRIME TIME prices.

0 Likes
twistymcknob

I'm in Madison, WI and I've got no 4G or 3G since yesterday.  A few more days of this, and Verizon will only have one "9" left in their network up-time.  Very disappointing.

0 Likes