Downtown Salem, OR having Experiencing horrible LTE. Full bars, no speed. Congestion?
ryathosou

Downtown Salem, Oregon has been miserable to use data services. Talk and text work just fine. Its just LTE. My friends and I play a game called Ingress. Its data intensive, but can be run on 3g speeds seamlessly. Devices in use are Samsung SG5, LG G3 and Droid Maxx. I just received my replacement LG G3 (touch screen issues) and it is still having the issues. Its been going on for months. I assumed it was growing pains of the XLTE expansion, but we are now beyond that. Issues are around the Corporate Verizon Wireless Communications store. At its worst, I have full bars and zero connectivity. Around 2am, the service becomes usable. So I would assume its capacity issues.

Im curious if there are issues in the 400 Center St, Salem, OR 97301 area.

Im actually an employee of a rival wireless carrier and I choose to use Verizon because of the speed and reliability. I understand hiccups happen, but this has gone on too long for it to be growing pains.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Downtown Salem, OR having Experiencing horrible LTE. Full bars, no speed. Congestion?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ryathosoum,
We thank you for being a loyal customer and we appreciate the info you have provided regarding a degradation of service in the area. I was able to look for any other alerts from other customers in the area. Although there seems to be marginally covered areas, there is also pollution on the sites. We also have our system updates that occur during  late night/early mornings which can provide you with little to no data.
Our engineers show there are additional towers scheduled to be added near the Salem area, but we do not have the ETA at this time.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Downtown Salem, OR having Experiencing horrible LTE. Full bars, no speed. Congestion?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ryathosoum,
We thank you for being a loyal customer and we appreciate the info you have provided regarding a degradation of service in the area. I was able to look for any other alerts from other customers in the area. Although there seems to be marginally covered areas, there is also pollution on the sites. We also have our system updates that occur during  late night/early mornings which can provide you with little to no data.
Our engineers show there are additional towers scheduled to be added near the Salem area, but we do not have the ETA at this time.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes