Re: Droid Bionic Canceled??????
wesmx13
Enthusiast - Level 2
I was really excited about the bionic been waiting for it since it was scraped over a year ago. Now I am just really disappointed, especially the way I was treated. Trying to get help on a phone that's wasn't even two months old at the time and they tell me scrap it buy another phone. That just REALLY upsets me and being on the road alot and always had service I was pretty much a salesman for Verizon getting my fenders to switch from AT&T to Verizon now the way I've been treated almost sorry I did. I still think Verizon is the best network but they could do better on who they have representing them! If you know some how to fix my phone that would be great because right now it is pretty much useless to me.
0 Likes
mskayla1025
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear ArnettH_VZW,

Perhaps you can explain to me why my Bionic continutally loses network connection? I can watch as 4G changes to 3G and then  drops off entirely. In Settings =>About phone =>Status, mobile network state will show "Disconnected". Then it will come back up. I showed someone in the VZW store (corporate location), and they had no explantion. I've called tech support, and they suggested that I reset the phone to factory defaults. It's a brand new phone! I shouldn't have to do that.

I've taken the phone in to the store several times and I get treated like I'm stupid. Maybe I am, because I kept believing Verizon when they said this problem would settle down and go away. Now I'm past my 2 week return period.

This network problem, and Verizon's inability (or unwillingness) to address it, has left me with a less than glowing opinion of Verizon.

0 Likes
doobeedoo
Enthusiast - Level 3

mskayla1025 wrote:

Perhaps you can explain to me why my Bionic continutally loses network connection? I can watch as 4G changes to 3G and then  drops off entirely. <snip>

This network problem, and Verizon's inability (or unwillingness) to address it, has left me with a less than glowing opinion of Verizon.

I have much the same issue/question as does mskayla.  I've never posted it or asked anyone at Verizon about it.

My connction, too, just drops from 4G to 3G to completely out for no apparent reason.  It will happen when I'm driving around town as well as just sitting at home.  Usually, within a few minutes (and up to *several* minutes -- perhaps 30) the 4G connection returns.

This is my first smartphone.  I don't know if this behaviour is common.  I live in Las Vegas where, I thought, the 4G coverage is quite good.

A co-worker (who has an iphone/AT&T) says his connection often drops off too.  He suggests this might happen when near a free wi-fi spot.  (This happens to both of us alot when near the airport.)  Can a wi-fi signal cause our connection to be lost?  If so, perhaps the reason I lose my signal at home so often is when a neighbor fires up their wi-fi??

In any event, since this problem does not seem to be directly Bionic/Verizon related, perhaps it is better posted (and perhaps has even been answered) in another thread?

0 Likes
doobeedoo
Enthusiast - Level 3

BTW, mskayla1025, you may want to read through this thread

http://community.vzw.com/t5/4G-Discussion/My-Bionic-Charge-Thunderbolt-keeps-losing-data-signal/td-p...

I didn't find any answers.  Just a bunch of people with the same issue.  <shrug>

0 Likes
wesmx13
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
wesmx13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't worry no your not stupid . This is truly a Verizon problem that they are unwilling to adress, the fact is they sold everyone a lie to spend money on faulty equipment. I know of atleast 32 others in my own area that bought the Bionic when it came out and it doesn't even keep service let alone do what it was advertised to do. This is just a big black eye for Verizon since they refuse to stand by the products they sell and as far as help from the stores in a three state area where Im from , well there is no help !!!

Im in business and if any of my people acted like the Verizon employees around here they would have lost their jobs for losing customers !!!

0 Likes
mskayla1025
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yeah I feel I've been sold a bill of goods. I am a returning Verizon customer. This is not the Verizon I remember. I will keep my phone forr two years and fulfill this contract, and then I will leave. This is not my first smartphone... i own the original Motorola Droid. Shame. Verizon doesn't care about losing customers.
0 Likes
sansuki

My story sounds almost identical to wesmx13.  I purchased my phone two months ago and since then have been to the Verizon store more times than I want to think about.  Since this was my first smartphone, I was not familiar with potential problems so I allowed the Verizon staff to continually talk me into trying one thing after another until, of course, the 2 week return period had passed (I was unaware of this short timeframe).  I finally got fed up after many trips with personnel removing the battery and reinstalling it, replacing the battery and then the sim card.  I asked for a new phone and was told that they could send my new phone off to have it replaced with a refurbished phone.  I refused without getting a discount for accepting a refurbished phone,  Having been a very long time loyal Verizon customer, I was shocked to experience personnel and management staff who attempted to talk down to me and treat me as if I just could not understand what they were talking about (what a joke!)   I was told that one of my options was to purchase another phone at full price.  I requested the amount of $ to get out my contract, which was $559 for 3  phones.  The manager who gave me this information and just matter of factly said they would hate to lose my business and that I should reconsider getting having them send my new phone off for a trade-in on a refurbished one. 

After having done some online research, I now know that what I am experiencing is a known problem and that Verizon is certainly not accepting responsibility and is making no attempt to satisfy previously loyal customers.  We really all need to spread the word and to demand that we be treated fairly.  

0 Likes
terryt120

Add another unhappy Bionic users here. Boughtb mine in October. I am on my third one. The data issue is horrid. Verizon will not come out and address the issue. I have 5 lines and data plans. I have been a long time, vocal spokesperson for Verizon.I steered people to Verizon and Android.Now I am very unhappy after spending bucks.

0 Likes
nicksline

Hi Guys,

My first time posting. I purchased the Bionic the first day it was released and received a faulty unit. After a few days the 4G stopped working all together. They replaced the device and the replacement unit worked GREAT! This is my 3rd smartphone and I love this phone. Truly!

I travel a lot and I have noticed that some places in the US have sketchy 4G  and 4G goes down sometimes in LA but over all it's about 95% there.

I'm sorry that you are having troubles. Perhaps replacing the device?

I do have 1 complaint though. I wish that the Razor had come out at the same time. It appears to be slightly better.

Cheers, N

0 Likes