Re: Droid Bionic Canceled??????
wesmx13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just a thought, since after buying two Bionics and both trash I went to Best Buy and got an unbiased answer on all Verizons phones. I have read most of the talk on here and in my area I have had no problem with the 4GLTE as long as Im not useing my Bionic. So I would suggest talking to someone other than a Verizon Rep. about a phone because in the 3 state area I traveled in to get help with my Bionic nobody would help or give me answers. Atleast at Best Buy now if I have a phone problem they will fix it or let me swap it out for a different phone. I will never buy another phone from Verizon they are to dishonest !!!

0 Likes
mskayla1025
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well wesmx13,  I don't know what to think. I was swapped into a different phone altogether, and wonder of wonders, I lost 4G/3G on it. I got the phone on a Friday, and by Monday, I was back to no data connection. The rep in the store said "no one else here is having that problem". Guess what, Mr VZW rep? I don't care! *I* am having the problem.

So anyway, I'm back with the Bionic. I'd rather have issues on a phone I like than on a phone I didn't. I hated the phone they swapped me into.

Verizon's lack of action, and serious lack of customer service, has now just totally turned me against them.

The aggravating thing is Verizon has a better selection of Motorola phones, and I prefer Motorolas.

0 Likes
next-lover
Enthusiast - Level 1

wesmx13, if I buy a phone (+ sign a 2-yr. contract) from BestBuy at the Verizon kiosk, is that the same thing as buying directly from Verizon corp. stores/online stores?

I'm thinking of going this route, but I really don't want to deal with signing another "contract" of sorts with BestBuy. I was under the impression that buying/signing from BestBuy is the same thing as buying/signing from a "true" VZW store.

Thanks in advance,

T C

0 Likes
wesmx13
Enthusiast - Level 2

T C if I understand correctly, you don't want to sign a new contract? I am already in a 2 yr with VZW so when I got my phone from Best Buy all I did was pay for the phone no new contract. I went with Best Buy because I drove to 3 different states trying to get a VZW Rep.to help me with phones I bought and after 2 weeks wouldn't work. Best Buy lets me take it back and get a new phone, a different one if its within 60 days. I just got tired of VZW not wanting to help me as soon as I said my Bionic doesn't work. I rely on my navigation and emails so when my Bionic would lose all data or freeze up and do nothing or just shut off and power back up when it wanted that was a real problem. Not sure if I answered you right but this is why I wont buy my phones from VZW, and they are a VZW dealer so as long as I have a contract they worked with me.

0 Likes
next-lover
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply wesmx13

I'm willing to sign the 2-yr. contract with VZW (I've been with them for 10+ years! and decided to do the monthly thing last year).

I was just a little confused about buying from BestBuy because I thought that I would also have to sign a contract with BB (which I don't, right?). I know that BestBuy is sort of a "3rd wheel" in the contract, like a 3rd vendor.

I think I'll do what you did (buy + sign fr. BB) instead of the corp. VZW store. That 14-day window is just too too small for me to truly find out if I'll like a $200-$300 device Smiley Sad

& thanks also for letting us know of your problems with the Bionic. I know that the .902 update has started hitting phones; have you gotten the update, & if so, does it solve your problems?

T C

0 Likes
wesmx13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have gotten the update and no it hasnt solved my problems. It has actually add problems, before Id just lose data, phone would shut off for no reason, and just lose emails or txt and ims. Now it will freeze up and you have to remove the battery to un freeze it. I went back to my HTC for my personal phone and VZW 4 GLTE service works great ! Still have a Bionic for work and it is causeing me nothing but problems and costing me money. Since I talked the copany into leaving AT&T and going to VZW Im working on getting them to switch back because of business lost and Verizons denial and refusal to acknowledge the problem or try to fix it !!! Im not happy with them but I will stay with VZW for personal because some of the tracks I go to VZW is the only provider that has service.

0 Likes
wesmx13
Enthusiast - Level 2

mskalay1025, I feel the same !!! Thats why I finally went somewhere else for a phone. I too am very partial to motorola and have had one since the late 90's flip phone and never had anyproblems with one until the Bionic. I just wish VZW would stand behind what they sell instead of pushing their mistakes off on to their customers and doing nothing or in most cases being down right rude to the very people who are paying their salery buy useing them. The VZW reps have always been very nice and helpful until I bought the Bionics which makes me beleive that Coorperate VZW knows ther's a problem but woukld cost more to fix than lose all the dissatisfied customers. I guess they figure us loyal customers that helped their stock rise are insignificant now !!

0 Likes
lindac1025

Wesmx13,

This is mskayla1025. Chalk up another VZW problem (not phone related, but a problem nonetheless). I went to login this morning to reply to this, and my screenname didn't work. I kept getting punted to the register screen. VZW's IT solution was to register a new screenname. Rather than them actually fixing the problem. That's why I have a new screenname.

I got the .902 update and while it helped in that I don't lose connectivity quite as much, I do still lose it. Like maybe instead of 20 times a day, it's now like 10 to 12 times a day.  And it's slow. I tried to run speedtest this morning, and I got "Network communication issues". More than once.

The update caused other issues with my phone. And has made my car dock pretty much useless. Since the update, Motospeak and the car dock both try to read incoming texts, and because of the conflict, the car dock crashes. There is no way to turn off reading text messages from the car dock, from what I've seen. If I want to use Motospeak, I can't use the car dock. Uh... 

I've also noticed that under Settings => Sound => Volume => "Use incoming call volume for notifications" will magically check itself, when I have unchecked it. VZW store rep suggested hard reset or turn off notifications for each individual program. 'Cuse me, but the settings one used to work and turn off notifications for text and email, before the update. I know, because that's what I used before. I get so much email that my phone is almost constantly notifying me of new email, and text notify conflicts with my personal assistant app. But hey, what do I know, right? I'm just a lowly peon end-user.

Also, my battery life has gone downhill. I have an extended battery. In 4.5 hours, a 20 minute phone call and 5 text messages have brought me from fully charged to 30% remaining. I got the extended battery so that I wouldn't need to live on the charger.

[sarcasm] Yeah, that update worked wonders. [/sarcasm]

I just wish VZW and Motorola would admit their mistake and do something to make it right. They need to stop pointing fingers.

0 Likes
chappymx113

Tes I had the same problem, I have not been able to get on here for awhile so I had to reregister and get a new screen name. Now Im chappymx113 , seems its just one verizon problem after another. Wish they would get it together and be the company they were 6 years ago !!!! Then they were actually worth having !

0 Likes
lindac1025

Between the network problems, the inability of Verizon to accept responsibility and adequately address the problems, the crap customer service when you call about it, and now the community problems, I'm ready to just throw in the towel on Verizon. Perhaps in 2 years, when my contract is up, they'll have worked out the bugs, but in my first 3 months, they have left me so aggravated and disgusted, that I don't know if I'd want to stay at that point.

I would have expected this from AT&T, but not Verizon. I could have just gone with AT&T and the iPhone,, but no, I came back to Verizon (I left due to some personal issues that were not Verizon related), because I had had such a good experience previously. Sadly, in the 6 months I was gone, Verizon went downhill, in all areas.

The kicker is, if you like Motorola phones, you're kinda stuck with Verizon, because they have the best selection.

0 Likes