Droid Charge connects to US Cellular??
plaiming

I have had nothing but probelms with my Droid Charge for a month. Have had several calls and trouble tickets submitted.

Ticket came back on Sunday as resolved and I was told to choose a different phone. It appears Verizon may be bailing on the Charge. 

When I am at work I have no data, but co-workers with Iphone or Samsung 3g have data. When I dial *611, I get a message that says, "Message OW32, Welcome to U.S. Cellular, Were sorry your number could not be completed as dialed, please check the number and dial again".  Co-workers dial *611 and get "Welcome to Verizon Wireless...."

Call support tonight and they told me this is not an issue. What?!?!

They are sending me a new SIM card "to see if that will help". I already have take the phone

back to the store once and received a replacemetn phone and SIM.

Has anyone had strange connectivity to another network like this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Charge connects to US Cellular??
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

Your phone is roaming on USC (US Cellular) because the phone didn't find a native VZW network.

You need to

1. Go here:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/CoverageLocatorController?requesttype=NEWREQUEST&lid=//global//co...

Look @ the VZW coverage map.

Type in your address and check if VZW native coverage is there.

If not, there's your answer. If you are consistently roaming in a non-VZW NATIVE coverage area (over 50% of your usage per billed usage (minutes/data) VZW will terminate your service.

2. It seems you are having problems roaming on USC (US Cellular).

3. To fix this drive to the nearest physical location that has NATIVE VZW COVERAGE.

4. There REBOOT your phone with a battery pull.

5. That should fix it.

6. Your phone SHOULD have a roaming indicator on.

0 Likes
plaiming

Yes, I understand that the phone might be roaming on a US Cellular tower, but my response is:

1. Wy do other verizon devices in the same location not have this issue when they dial *611

2. Why are other verizon devices capable of data service in this location?

I will try the battery pull, but since my home is in a native VZW 4g coverage area I have done this before

and it did not seem to help.

0 Likes
plaiming

Also, why would the tech insist that it is a "handset" issue after I was told repeatedly previosly by 2nd and 3rd tier support hat there were "issues" with their network configuration for my number and they needed to place a trouble ticket.

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

A better reset is a SIM card pull.

Pull both the battery+SIM card with it off.

Now wait a minute.

Put it back in and reboot.

See if it works now (It should).

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

plaiming wrote:

Also, why would the tech insist that it is a "handset" issue after I was told repeatedly previously by 2nd and 3rd tier support hat there were "issues" with their network configuration for my number and they needed to place a trouble ticket.

Thank you for your feedback and assistance in suggestion. Adding to what was stated by plaiming, the need for a trouble ticket and recommending a different device and/or Sim Card would be steps towards a resolution above basic troubleshooting. When dialing *611(send), if a device individually does not recognize that it is on the Verizon Wireless's Network, it would connect to the extended network it does recognize at that time. It's not based on what a phone next to your phone does or does not do at that time. Under normal conditions, it should make the proper connection as recognized. I hope the matter is resolved for very soon. 

0 Likes