Dropped Call on Bernville Rd. Rt. 183 & Plum Creek Rd. Leesport,19533
techfranz
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Advanced Calling has been working great for me. However in the area of Bernville Rd. Rt. 183 & Plum Creek Rd. Leesport,19533, the 4G LTE Signal is lost as it transitions to 3G and the call is dropped.

4G LTE is present in the are, but I am not sure why it drops back to 3G for a short stretch.

Another short 3G Stretch where Advanced Calling Drops is in the Area of the Intersection of Red Run Rd. And Muddy Creek Rd., Stevens, PA 17578.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped Call on Bernville Rd. Rt. 183 & Plum Creek Rd. Leesport,19533
techfranz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone checked into the Advanced Calling issues at the above locations?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm checking on this signal issue for you Franz. My resources indicate that the closest Verizon Wireless 4G tower to this intersection is over 2.5 miles away. Advanced calling requires a strong 4G signal in order to work properly. Your device is designed to connect to the strongest signal always, and it is normal for service to fluctuate from 4G to 3G when 3G signal is stonger in any given area. You can get better results with your calls in this particular area if you disable Advanced Calling.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

techfranz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks you do much! I will try to remember to turn off Advanced Calling in marginal 4G areas.

Is there a quick way to disable and re-enable Advanced Calling without need to access it in the settings?

0 Likes