Dropped calls in Beloit, WI 53511
sgartz507

Looking at the coverage map I am supposed to have full coverage in my area. I am not able to make one call anywhere in a 5 block radius without it being dropped at some point. This happens both inside and outside on my iPhone 5s. I constantly only have 2 bars or less or extended service. It is extremely frustrating to not have continuous service and have calls that are always breaking up. If you say you have full coverage in the area you should commit to it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped calls in Beloit, WI 53511
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did the problem just start? Can you not receive calls either? While on a call how does it sound? Are other Verizon customers either on your account or not experiencing the same issue?

0 Likes
sgartz507

This problem has been going on for a while. Many of the people calling me end up going straight to voicemail and then I have to call them back. Sometimes people sound clear, but other times I can only hear every other word. My friends in the area also experience similar struggles in the area.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you happen to zoom in on the coverage area when you looked on the map?

Coverage Locator

Do you live in the outskirts of Beloit?

0 Likes
sgartz507

I did zoom in and it suggested full coverage. I live 3 blocks from downtown so I don't think I am on the outskirts of Beloit.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It just suggest the type of coverage you could get, even if it's only 1 or 2 bars of something.

If it's happening to a lot of customers then it might be worth a quick chat session with Verizon to alert them of the issue. If they are getting other reports they will send someone out to their towers to investigate.

If you've always had extended service, which means you're on another carriers tower there isn't much they can do about it. If extended service is a new change then it could also be a sign that something is wrong with their tower in the area.

They will more than likely have you try a few things on your phone; reset network, remove sim card and replace and even perhaps get a brand new sim card for free from corporate JUST to rule it out.

Unless they verify that yes they have a tower in the area and they are currently trying to troubleshoot it, I wouldn't expect any immediate changes. They can't just come out and build another tower.

You could sweet talk them into giving you a network extender or at least give you a discount on one; they often discount it $75 off the $250.

0 Likes