Re: External Antenna 4510L
RUn2it

My 4510 is junk, can'y update tech wrote up a "ticket" and got an email with a ticket number and that was the 12th ov Nov, when I inquired about it the reply was to contact tech support ... hmmmmm that's what I did already. I have an external antenna on my motorhome and got service everywhere even in Death Valley at Dumont dunes, with my prior device, 770 expresscard  wireless modem. The antenna is 1 of the ones that the truckers use by wilson, http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/ProductDetails.aspx?Product=31&title=Trucker+Mirror+Mount+Antennas+...

0 Likes
gerrshel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seems we are on our own when it comes to technical support.  A "tier 2" tech guy told me: "there is absolutely no reason to go into the user interface".  Kinda ended the conversation right there. 

Guess I need to learn  how to use the quote feature, my prior post (#10) didn't read like I thought it would and does not appear I can go back and edit it.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

I would disagree with that Tier 2 Rep.  As found on these forums there are many reasons to customize and configure the settings of the MiFi from the Mifi.Admin interface.  Perhaps he did not truely understand what your question or problem was about.  However, when it comes to antenna's there is nothing for you to configure in the Admin interface.  Just plug in the antenna and go.  Other higher powered antennas only need you to be within a certain range.

Quotes automatically add lines around the top and bottom of the post you are quoting.  You might have deleted the bottom line in the quote block.  If you quote again just make sure to type your response below the bottom line.

0 Likes
gerrshel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just an update ... 4G LTE did indeed become available ... a few days after my last post. I am not sure exactly when since I had restricted MiFi4510 to "CDMA/EVDO only"... finally occurred to me to change it ... So now I've had it set to CDMA/LTE and the diagnostic section does not even show any signal except for LTE - about-80 Db+/- ... has been pretty much consistant and it has worked fairly well, there have been a few freeze-ups but not for about a week now, usually would amount to a restart on the MiFi. Don't know about the claim of 10x faster, but beats the satellite speeds bigtime.... Not sure that I will need an antenna at this point. Guessing I will ditch the WildBlue by the end of Jan.

I would like to figure out how to replace the satellite feed into my existing home wireless network with the VZW signal. As it stands now I am jumping back and forth between 2 wifi(1 the MiFi, 1 my existing wireless network with the WB modem feeding it) signals in order to use wireless printers and network to a desktop the does not have a wireless adapter ... Happy New Year

0 Likes