Extremely Poor 4G LTE Speeds - West Houston (77055 and 77449)
evilping

Does anyone know what is being done about the brutally slow speeds in West Houston? At 6am in 77055, I get about 24mbps. About 2 hours later, it's down to 7. 2 hours after that (10AM) it's down to about 1mbps if that. Clearly a capacity issue but I will not be issued a credit or discount, and frankly, I would prefer to have better speeds versus a credit but it seems wrong that performance should be as poor as it is with no service credit.

As for the other zip code, 77449, it is slow 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. About a year ago, I was getting about 12mbps down and 3 or 4 up. Now it's under 1mbps at any time of the day or night.

Evil.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Extremely Poor 4G LTE Speeds - West Houston (77055 and 77449)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

evilping,

I am so sorry to hear of the issues you are having with service in your area. Upon review of the area I do see that it may have network opportunities. Are there others reporting service issues also? Are the speeds provided for indoors out outdoors testing? Have you had a ticket opened in regards to the issues you are having with slow speeds?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

greatestnoob
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same problems too for the past few weeks. I work at Barker Cypress and I-10, and it used to be that inside my office building I'd have good speeds. But lately data speeds for loading videos and whatnot have been miserable. 8/21/14

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi greatestnoob- We always want to keep you at top speed! What type of phone do you have? What is the data indicator showing at the top of the device? Does the speed improve as soon as you step outside of the building?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
JVBFTW

I'm having similar issues in 77024.  Works ok outside my office building, and used to work great inside.  Now I'm better off turning off LTE if I want any sort of signal strength. Everything times out on LTE.  Phone is an iPhone 5S.

0 Likes
Kandyman
Enthusiast - Level 2

This topic has been open since 2914 and still poor download speeds.  This is indoors and outdoors.  Brand new billing cycle and I still cannot get more than 1.85Mbps down and 1.5Mbps up!!!!?????

0 Likes