Fairfield County CT 4G LTE
jasper1931

I live in the Southport area of CT. That includes Fairfield and Westport. I live very close to the higway and I have no 4g! I dont get it. The coverage map shows my are in deep red. It should be pumping. Once I hit Bridgeport it kicks on. Does Verizon plan on fixing this issue. I see towers everywhere. Since my Bionic cant pick up wifi worth a **bleep** I expected the 4g to cover it. Now having an LTE phone I am stuck on a 3g signal. Anyone else from the area having the same problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fairfield County CT 4G LTE
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Jasper1931,

In checking the coverage map for Westport, CT shows 3G and the more you go towards Fairfield, CT shows 4G. The Coverage Locator maps depict predicted and approximate wireless coverage. The coverage areas shown do not guarantee service availability, and may include locations with limited or no coverage. Even within a coverage area, there are many factors, including, terrain, proximity to or inside buildings, foliage, and weather that may impact service. Some of the coverage areas include networks run by other carriers, the coverage depicted is based on their information and public sources, and we cannot ensure its accuracy. Please check make sure you have the LTE/CDMA Network Mode is selected. Here is a link on how to use this setting. Also, try power cycling your device as it can refresh your signals to have 4G come to your device if traveling between areas of 4G and 3G areas and if it is not picking up a 4G signal automatically on its own.    

View solution in original post

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Jasper1931,

In checking the coverage map for Westport, CT shows 3G and the more you go towards Fairfield, CT shows 4G. The Coverage Locator maps depict predicted and approximate wireless coverage. The coverage areas shown do not guarantee service availability, and may include locations with limited or no coverage. Even within a coverage area, there are many factors, including, terrain, proximity to or inside buildings, foliage, and weather that may impact service. Some of the coverage areas include networks run by other carriers, the coverage depicted is based on their information and public sources, and we cannot ensure its accuracy. Please check make sure you have the LTE/CDMA Network Mode is selected. Here is a link on how to use this setting. Also, try power cycling your device as it can refresh your signals to have 4G come to your device if traveling between areas of 4G and 3G areas and if it is not picking up a 4G signal automatically on its own.    

0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1
This is the same excuse i was given for my droid charge when you type in he zip codes and zoom in on the location it shows a bright red not light red as a extended area is suppose to be. I have read that the Bionic has had issues with toggling just like the charge. I notice that both the charge and Bionic have a shiny little piece going around the phone could this be what's causing the problems.
0 Likes