Fast internet for gaming in rural area
lanagrue

I am in the process of moving to a rural area. My husband and I are gamers and use a lot of data. Currently we have Xfinity home internet with 1000mbps download speed. We use over 100GB per month. I am having trouble finding an adequate plan with Verizon unlimited. I would hate to have to switch providers if Verizon doesn't offer a good enough plan, but I will also take suggestions on what anyone here may know about competitors. The only other internet we can get at our new home is with upload speeds of 100mbps and upload speeds of 3mbps which is not acceptable.

0 Likes
Re: Fast internet for gaming in rural area
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless where you are moving to doesn't have any access to a landline based Internet service provider, you are unlikely to find anything better than what you have found. 

What is the zip code for the location you are moving to? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you are moving to a rural area which does not have ready access to a land based broadband ISP, you will not likely find an "acceptable" provider. Even with a land based broadband service being available, you may not be able to get the speeds you have been used to getting in a more suburban/urban location. Being in a rural area, Verizon Wireless may not even be able to provide service at the speeds you would like to get. Those are the compromises people have to make in order to live where they want/need.

0 Likes
lanagrue

I am moving to 80808. The only landline based offers only 10mbps upload speed.

0 Likes
lanagrue

Yeah, I just checked our data usage with our current provider, and the average used per month is 400GB. Our minimum upload speed is 10x what the best option here offers as a maximum. Guess there's not much we can do. Especially if we wanted a close enough price ($100/month). Looking over all the current options Verizon has for data we're out of luck.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your specific options would be dependant on where in that zip code you are moving to. 

https://decisiondata.org/tv-internet-by-zip/80808-internet/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking the time to reach out as we would ove to see you continue gaming in your new home. I am sorry as the Verizon Wireless Mobile Hotspot service would not be effective for this type of usage. Once the 5G service expands more it may offer you the experience yu are looking for in the future. Visit http://www.vzw.com/5g.  YaleK_VZW

0 Likes