From 4g lte to 1x to zip
myverizonpatrick

The data speed on my android was a consistent  4g Lte until maybe 2 months ago. Now its totally unreliable bouncing like a yoyo. 4g lte, 3g, 1x and worse and then back up again. Storms are definitely not a factor, same location in my house all the time, zip code 54838, same cell phone, etc. What gives all of a sudden?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: From 4g lte to 1x to zip
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

myverizonpatrick, I depend on my service to work right. We are not showing any outages over the last few months in the area so we do want to get this figured out. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Is this issue only happening indoors? What model phone do you have?

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
myverizonpatrick

I have a Mot G Play, Android version 7.1.1. Have not had the occasion to check it outside. Just a few moments ago I lost the connection completely, no internet access. Now it shows 4 GLTE again. Common occurrence with this yoyo data flow. Don't know if others are having this problem, don't know anyone with Verizon or a Moto Android.

PS: the next time it drops below 4G I will go outside just to see if it regains.

Patrick [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Myverizonpatrick, we appreciate your help in getting to the bottom of this and will be standing by for an update on that signal outdoors. Do you recall adding any new apps, games or software recently?

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
myverizonpatrick

Going outside doesn't seem to help. I may have had a system update around the time my signal started fluctuating. Am tempted to try a system reset, don't know for sure how though and what impact it might have on what I have stored, etc.

Patrick [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes