Frustrated With Lack of 4G LTE
ncridgerunner

When I bought my Bionic 14 months ago I was told that 4g coverage in Marion, NC was imminent.  I have checked numerous times with the local VZW people and they always say "very soon".  Several times a week and often daily I would search the web and the lte information site for info about expansion. After 14 months of this I think it would be much better if VZW would just be truthful and say it will not be available in this area for a year or more.  Instead I am frustrated and feel that I have been deceived into buying an expensive 4g device that cannot be effectively used in my area.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Frustrated With Lack of 4G LTE
Not applicable

4G will be everywhere by id 2013. I highly doubt you were deceived. What other device would have gotten had they told you it would be a year later? Also since you upgraded 14 months ago you are only 6 months away form another upgrade.

There is 4G near you so it should be long before you get it.

0 Likes
ncridgerunner

When I was told that 4g was expected "very soon" and 14 months later we still don't have it I would call that deceived.  I would have purchased a much less expensive 3g phone had I known the truth.  Can upgrade in 6 months? My point exactly..... when I purchased this phone I was under the understanding that I would have 4g.  Have 4g by mid 2013?  Why should I believe this any more than the other information given to me by VZW?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

From the coverage map, it does appear you are between two active 4G LTE coverage areas.  The gap between those two will be filled in in the next 6 months or so since the 3G area is scheduled to be covered by mid 2013.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

ncridgerunner wrote:

When I was told that 4g was expected "very soon" and 14 months later we still don't have it I would call that deceived.  I would have purchased a much less expensive 3g phone had I known the truth.  Can upgrade in 6 months? My point exactly..... when I purchased this phone I was under the understanding that I would have 4g.  Have 4g by mid 2013?  Why should I believe this any more than the other information given to me by VZW?

And you expected some barley above minimum wage salesperson at a Verizon store to know about 4G deployment?

Once again had you been told it would 2013 before you could get 4G what other phone would you have gotten? You said a 3G phone? Ok first of all all new Verizon smartphones are 4G and it's been that way for awhile. Second the ones they had weren't necessarily cheaper. And they would have had worse specs than your current phone.

0 Likes
ncridgerunner

I believe you need to chill. There were many selections I could have made.  If you want to argue find another thread.  I refuse to carry this conversation further with you.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Actually I'm with Brian68 on this. I'm wondering too, what would you have gotten? And id 4g had been deployed, and you had indeed a cheap 3g phone, you'd be complaining you were deceived into that. Just deal with the phone and stop complaining.

ncridgerunner

Just want to thank you for your responses. Having been the Director of an organization that was dependent upon good customer service for more than 15 years, the business model Verizon is using is foreign to me.  I now understand that I should be totally satisfied with Verizon selling me a product designed for 4g and not following through on the understanding that 4g would be provided "soon".  So I now am totally satisfied.  I completely recommend the service I have not been given.  It is wonderful.  In fact it gives me such a warm tingley feeling I think I will hug the next Verizon employee I see.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You need to grow up some. You were told "soon". Ok If they had say 4 months or 6 months or an exact number you MIGHT  have a case. "Soon" is pretty ambiguous and can mean anything. You heard what you wanted to hear. Once again you fail to say which 3G phone you would have gotten instead. And if you had gotten that 3G phone and 4G came online you'd be made about that because you'd have to wait until mid 2013 before you can upgrade. Honestly I can fathom why are you mad at your phone. It's certainly better than any 3G phone you would have gotten but that part pretty much goes over your head.

0 Likes
Not applicable

ncridgerunner wrote:

Just want to thank you for your responses. Having been the Director of an organization that was dependent upon good customer service for more than 15 years, the business model Verizon is using is foreign to me.  I now understand that I should be totally satisfied with Verizon selling me a product designed for 4g and not following through on the understanding that 4g would be provided "soon".  So I now am totally satisfied.  I completely recommend the service I have not been given.  It is wonderful.  In fact it gives me such a warm tingley feeling I think I will hug the next Verizon employee I see.

You should hug them, for not smacking you with another Bionic for being incompetent.

0 Likes