Full Bars 4G/LTE but Inconsistent Data Connection
swolfe2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also started having this issue 2 days ago.

Details are:

• Galaxy S10+
  • Zip code 37801
  • Nearest intersection: W Hunt Rd. / Middlesettlements Rd. 
  • Network on LTE / CDMA
  • Full/partial 4G/LTE bars, but websites/apps say I'm offline

The order I tried to resolve was:

• Manual restart
  • Airplane mode on/off
  • Factory reset
  • None of my attempted steps have resolved the issue. As soon as I disconnect from my home's Wi-Fi, I'm lucky if I can get internet service on my phone again until I get back on Wi-Fi.

I'm not sure what else to try, but looking at the responses in other posts, it seems like people have been having this issue for a while. 

Re: Full Bars 4G/LTE but Inconsistent Data Connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Swolfe2,

Two days is too long to go with having issues with your device. I truly appreciate the steps that you have taken so far to get the issue resolved. So that we can go further in-depth, can you please send us a Privat Message via Facebook at http://on.fb.me/KdwH96 .

0 Likes
gkeith

Same issue on an S21+ 5G (SM-G996U)

Zip: 70737 near S. Irma Blvd and E. Worthey St.

Calls and messaging work fine, and the phone shows I am getting a decent signal, but internet speeds are abysmal. Most sites and applications fail to load.

Speed test shows  0.09 download and  .18 upload Megabits/sec with a 51 ms latency.

Network settings have been reset. Wi-fi is off, roaming is on. 

This issue is recent and only occurs in the area of my work, where I have been several years without issue. I believe it is possibly due to infrastructure damage or other weather related issues, as this happened after Hurricane Ida affected our area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gkeith, we appreciate all the details you have provided. Weather can certainly effect your service. We have gone ahead and sent you a Private Note so that we may discuss this further. 

-Christine

0 Likes