Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Full Bars 4G/LTE but Inconsistent Data Connection
swolfe2

I also started having this issue 2 days ago.

Details are:

• Galaxy S10+
  • Zip code 37801
  • Nearest intersection: W Hunt Rd. / Middlesettlements Rd. 
  • Network on LTE / CDMA
  • Full/partial 4G/LTE bars, but websites/apps say I'm offline

The order I tried to resolve was:

• Manual restart
  • Airplane mode on/off
  • Factory reset
  • None of my attempted steps have resolved the issue. As soon as I disconnect from my home's Wi-Fi, I'm lucky if I can get internet service on my phone again until I get back on Wi-Fi.

I'm not sure what else to try, but looking at the responses in other posts, it seems like people have been having this issue for a while. 

Re: Full Bars 4G/LTE but Inconsistent Data Connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Swolfe2,

Two days is too long to go with having issues with your device. I truly appreciate the steps that you have taken so far to get the issue resolved. So that we can go further in-depth, can you please send us a Privat Message via Facebook at http://on.fb.me/KdwH96 .

0 Likes
gkeith

Same issue on an S21+ 5G (SM-G996U)

Zip: 70737 near S. Irma Blvd and E. Worthey St.

Calls and messaging work fine, and the phone shows I am getting a decent signal, but internet speeds are abysmal. Most sites and applications fail to load.

Speed test shows  0.09 download and  .18 upload Megabits/sec with a 51 ms latency.

Network settings have been reset. Wi-fi is off, roaming is on. 

This issue is recent and only occurs in the area of my work, where I have been several years without issue. I believe it is possibly due to infrastructure damage or other weather related issues, as this happened after Hurricane Ida affected our area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

gkeith, we appreciate all the details you have provided. Weather can certainly effect your service. We have gone ahead and sent you a Private Note so that we may discuss this further. 

-Christine

0 Likes