Full Bars of 4G LTE but Inconsistant Internet Connection
Lazgato

Been having the same issue this week. Even though I'm not at full bars, I have never had issues being able to play video or music, now I can't even use duolingo. I have unlimited data so its shame that my money is going to waste. Tried resetting, airplane, switching signals, basically all the simple troubleshooting methods. My zipcode is 78616 if that helps. Hopefully its momentary issue because it was a good plan I had.

0 Likes
Re: Full Bars of 4G LTE but Inconsistant Internet Connection
MtnMan365

I just upgraded from an 8gb a month plan because we have been impacted by the Colorado fires and are not sure when we will get Comcast internet back. Could be another week. We upgraded so we would not need to worry about data. As soon as I did that my speeds went from 10mb - 20mb+ to 500kb to 5mb or less. Usually hovering around 2mb. My data says that I am UNDER the 15 GB for the hotspot before it would technically throttle it. Super frustrating that when I was going to have to pay $15 for each GB over that my speeds were awesome. As soon as I upgrade that are worse then they have EVER been. Why is that? How do I fix? I am seeing messages that say that if I use 1000 gb then I may be throttle or if I go over the 15gb I might be throttle for the hotspot. Neither things have happened according to my data usage in my account. Zip code 80447. 

Not impressed Verizon. Seems like I got duped here. What is the fix? It has not been this slow for the last few weeks and again... as soon as I upgrade. We have slow speeds. Please fix this. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lazgato, we have sent you a Private Note regarding your service concerns.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MtnMan365, we always strive to provide you with the service you need. What plan did you move your line to?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
rhimollison
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here I am reading this from Colorado, same exact issues. I have had this unlimited plan for a few months. It's only been atrocious starting November, rifbt after the new billing cycle so way before hitting any thresholds. 

I've called tech support two times in the past month. First time, after an hour on with a tech support agent, I was promised a follow up call the next day to make sure it was working okay (it wasn't, it was never resolved) and no one called me.

Second time about two weeks later, on hold for TWO STRAIGHT HOURS and disconnected, nothing resolved, no one called me back. Responded to the text survey about my recent experience with a 1 for "poor", that didn't get a response either. I'm tired of paying $70 a month for data I can only maybe use half the day.  And the customer service is shameful. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, rhimollison. This is certainly not the experience we want for you and are here to help. When you did troubleshoot with Tech support, do you recall the last step you left off on to try and resolve the data connection?

0 Likes
tbarzel

Hi,

I just moved to 94301 and at my apt, but not a few blocks away works fine.  I have 4 bars, no data.  I have an iphone xs.  I have done: new sim card, reset network connections, made sure roaming and lte are on, restarted phone, made sure no vpn or managed device is on the device.  Any suggestions, 

0 Likes
Toonami
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had the top unlimited plan for the past 2 years and had significant decreases of data speeds the past 6 months. I live in the northwest , area is 83861, where populations have increased dramatically as well. We all pay way too much for that plan just to have my speed brought down to almost a standstill with 4-5 bars of service. Been with Verizon for 15 years and another phone service is starting to look promising. Verizon has diminished to a 3rd rate phone company. if you don't have 5g the service it's like having dial-up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Toonami. We appreciate every day of your years with us and are sorry to see that you're considering leaving us. We know the importance of ensuing you have the best speeds for your area, as well. Network Management exists to ensure everyone receives a superior experience on our network. Our network is a shared resource, and while there is tremendous capacity, we need to ensure that heavy data users do not negatively impact the experience for everyone. Please review the information provided here regarding Verizon’s network management practices and how we manage data: https://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/network-management

0 Likes
Indy_Jimbo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same problem in central Indiana.  We have a range of phones from S8+ to an A50 to a Moto G Stylus and all have the same problem.  We used to have solid data, driving/maps, searching, email etc.  It seems like the more I see 5G adds, the less I have reliable data on 4G with any of our phones.  We have full bars, can make calls, but data connection is "offline" - will pop "online" periodically for the three phones (not at the same time) and then drop again.  We are NOT in the house all the time when this happens and have had years of great data service from Verizon.  Now - we are seriously considering switching to someone else...I have to have reliable data for work!  Not having it for the rest is extremely annoying and life altering according to my teenagers 🙂

0 Likes