Full bars, no data
Exekute
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've got the oddest thing happening to my 4G signal.  It all started when I couldn't get MMS images to load at my house.  Turns out I had a strong LTE connection but data wasn't being pushed through the connection.  Spent hours on the phone with tech support, paid $99 for a replacement phone, but before I got the new phone the data throughput magically started working again (it took a few days for it to start working again).  My phone and messaging worked just fine the whole time, just no data.

Fast forward to today, same thing is happening again, but this time it's at my work (20 min drive from home) and it's happening with the new phone.  I've got a ticket into engineering (which I'm sure will come back as a-ok, again).  But this time my buddy at work is having the exact same problem with his iphone 5s.  The REALLY strange part is that the guy sitting in the cubicle less than 10 feet away has a perfectly normal 4G connection.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?  Are my buddy and I part of some NSA covert op that botched the wiretapping job?

My phone is an galaxy S4, my buddy has the iphone 5s and the other guy at work has the Droid Razr.

Any ideas?  (I've been through the typical troubleshooting stuff with Verizon 3 times now, so no cookie cutter answers please)

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Full bars, no data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Exekute, Let's get you up and receiving those messages and signal.  Have you replaced your sim card at all? If not, they are free at the corporate Verizon Wireless stores. We would want to look into getting a replacement sim card.

Thank you,
RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Exekute
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for responding Robin! 

I've got more information for you.  Yesterday, a few hours after my friend called in to start an engineering ticket, the connection started working again.  We asked around the office and it turns out that there were actually several people that were all having connection issues and their phones all started working again at the same time.  So obviously this is a network reliability issue.

Unfortunately, it's down again today.  I haven't heard back from my original network engineer ticket so I'm hesitant to call again and start a new one.

I replaced my sim card the first time I went through troubleshooting with Verizon.  The first of THREE times I've been through comprehensive troubleshooting with them.  I've started the phone in safe mode, shut it down taken out the battery and waited ten seconds, re-seated the sim card, did a factory reset on the phone, and even spent the $99 to get my phone replaced through Asurion (because there was a crack in the screen so you guys wouldn't replace it under warranty).  None of this worked.  I'm a little irked that you guys recommended I replace the phone even though it obviously wasn't an issue with the phone.  I had to pay because your network engineers are, apparently, incompetent.  Most reliable network, my ***.  I never had this happen when I was with Sprint.

I'm trying to be patient, but without my data connection it's really hard to get much work done and this is the third day I've been struggling with this at work.  The worst part is I'm paying for a service that I don't even have access to.  Grr...

alg0912
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also seeing the same issue here in Central NY - all Verizon LTE users in my department are experiencing connectivity issues via LTE.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of being able to fully utilize all device features, Alg0912. What zip code is this located in? Is the issue only in the work place? Do you notice the issue outside of the building or at home?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details Exekute. What zip codes are these? How is your service working when outside of your home or office? How about in other zip codes or states? Our control is limited with indoor structures.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Exekute
Enthusiast - Level 2

My issue was confirmed and resolved by network engineers.  There was an issue with the network.  The issues were happening at my house (68144) and at work (68154).  I had data issues regardless of whether I was outside or inside.  Both places had great connections inside (during the 14 day money back trial).  I wouldn't have kept the service if I could not use the data inside my office or inside my home.  So saying "our control is limited" is moot in this instance.

How two totally different locations have the same issue at the same time and I was the only person complaining to Verizon is beyond crazy, but I don't care too much anymore because now I have service.  Jeah!

0 Likes
sarahanngil

Exekute,

How did you get into contact with network engineers to fix this? I am having the same issue in Belen, NM (87002) and my friend is as well in Albuquerque, NM (87108). I have been trying to find a person to talk to about this, but I can not find any help through the verizon website.

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

Call customer service and talk with them and start the process and check with neighbors and see if their Verizon service is also causing the problem so they will know if it is phone or network related. It is always helpful when they know your neighbors on different phones are also having problems. That leads straight to network issues then and can get addressed much quicker. So if you have Verizon neighbors do ask around so they can better trouble shoot the problem and get it addressed much quicker.

201kyle
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue and it is infuriating! it will be working fine and then out of the blue I cannot even a webpage, use the maps, load a picture, refresh any apps at all, etc. I am in an area with many cell towers which makes it even more frustarting. During a period where the data was working (in the exact same location) i downloaded a few third party apps to check my connection speed. When the data is working, the speeds are fine, however i tried the test on two seperate apps when the data is not workign and they both will not work and say something is wrong. This is at my work location so it is where i spend most of my time and if I cannot figure out how to fix this, the only option i see it to switch providers. 

0 Likes