GPS does worked after moving to Verizon
g10dra
Enthusiast - Level 2

Team,

I'm constantly loosing single and GPS location is in accurate. I've tried multiple time on Google map and Waze both doesn't show correct location. It's it's really a big problem for me to travel. 

I'm using Google Nexus 6P. I was ATT customer for 4.5 yes and never faced this problem and not on nexus 6P. When I contacted Verizon customer care they suggested to to buy new phone move back to ATT. Both options are not possible at this moment as I can't afford new phone nor I can move to ATT. ATT plan is expensive than I used to pay and if I buy iPhone 7 used from Verizon coat me 300.

Can anyone help me any possible solution?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: GPS does worked after moving to Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us. When did this issue first start? TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
g10dra
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue started as soon as i moved to Verizon. 

Today I had really bad experience after spending 2.5 months with verizon. I was not on contract but becuase technical support suggest me enter in contract to get iPhone 6s which was not functioning so returned and informed by customer technical team to get iPhone 7 but went to store they asked me to get new line. When i told what technical support told me and they entered all informtion on note.

from store when i spoke to customer executive "Jasmine" she told you don;t need to change phone. It will work on your phone which sounds like she is great and all your technical advice given to be for last 2 months are dump. She failed her self as i still have GPS issue on nexus 6P. then she connected next level engineer i for her name"Lessle" and David they try to avoid and sound that my problem and if i don;t like move back to ATT. 

GUYS WHAT IS THIS HAPPENING? WHY CUSTOMER torture for your problem? Why can;t you find solution? 

BIG NOTE: WHY YOUR SUPPORT CUSTOMER EXECUTIVE WON'T READ PREVIOUS NOTE ?? i have to explain every time. Today sunday spent 3.5 hours talking to you guys.. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're disappointed to learn you're having trouble with your GPS and have spent so much time working on this already. We appreciate your efforts and would like to get to the bottom of this. The Nexus 6P is not a Verizon device and you may experience issues with certain apps. Please tell us more about what happens when using the GPS. What app is in use when using GPS?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
g10dra
Enthusiast - Level 2

My understanding is "Bring you own device" meant to be other than Verizon device. 

I am using Google Map which i select target location and start moving but my current location on GPS remain in same position with message (Searching GPS connection). Verizon executive asked me to install WAZE which i did but same problem. 

FYI-I used other carrier on phone which worked perfectly. So no hardward issue found by manaufacturer. 

0 Likes