Re: Galaxy Nexus: No 4G signal After Update to Android 4.02
SBH

If you're having issues with getting a 4g signal, then you should switch your phone to be only on CDMA for now to save battery life. If you keep it on lte/CDMA, your phone will constantly be trying to get a lte signal and that will drain your battery. If you're getting bad lte reception due to the update in the first place, then switching to mainly CDMA for now shouldn't be that big of a difference speed wise, but it will help with battery for sure. Hopefully the new update will fix the signal issue. 

0 Likes
bertlloyd89

zeroturn wrote:

The phone was originally intended to launch with 4.1, so I'm sure that update is in the works.

No comment from Verizon yet? With as widespread as the reports are, this issue can't be hard to confirm. I can't beleive that they would let the flagship phone sink like this with no comment.

Why is that at all surprising? It seems to be Verizon's standard operating procedure.

0 Likes
kryptykk

It seems the problem was with my phone, I must have gotten a bad radio. Went Friday evening to get a new one and have had ZERO drops of data, and much better signal strength. My first speed test got 30MB down! Highest I've ever gotten in my area!

0 Likes
gary_tipton

Same problem here.  Verizon says that they don't know of any issue like this... How can that be?

I spoken with tech support on phone and in store and via email!

I'm almost to the point of returning this phone.
Tip, turn phone to 3g service instead of 4g will at least help with battery life.  However, I get very weak 3g connection also.

--Gary Tipton

0 Likes
radmillerdad
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've gotten my phone swapped out and my sim card changed....I doubt the chance that I've gotten two lemon phones but possible.

0 Likes