Garner NC Data Coverage - White Oak plaza
JamesN

Data Coverage at the White Oak shopping plaza in Garner NC is very poor. The coverage maps show 4G. However, when at the Kohl's department store I can make calls, send texts, but only as long as there are no pictures included with the text (address 185 Shenstone Ln, Garner, NC 27529-6904). Data apps do not work. Across the street at the Carolina Ale House, the same (address 400 Conservation Rd, Garner, NC 27529). No data. This is a growing shopping plaza, Target, multiplex theater, NC's first Cabelas, etc.. I think a cell tower in the area would boost Verizon Wireless use. Are there any plans to increase coverage there?

Thanks,

Jim

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Garner NC Data Coverage - White Oak plaza
JamesN

?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jim, I want to ensure you’re able to maintain a reliable network connection while using your device in most areas.   I’d love to assist.

What model phone are you using?  When did this problem begin?  How is service outdoors at this location?  I show that this location is in a 4G LTE coverage area.  Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JamesN

This problem has always existed. I finally decided that I would try to report it. I gathered some data to give you. My personal cell is a LG G4 that has build LNY47V. I have a work cell, Droid Turbo, that I don't carry all of the time, but used it to gather data as well. The Turbo is on build SU4TL-44.
Attached are signal strength and Speedtest results from both, outside the front of the Kohl's department store at White Oak Crossing in Garner NC (GPS coordinates show in the Speedtest results). Once I go into any of the stores or restaurants, anywhere in that plaza, I effectively can only place voice calls from the G4. No data features work.

G4

LG_G4_Strength.jpg
LG_G4_Speedtest.jpg

Turbo

DroidTurbo_Strength.jpg
DroidTurbo_Speedtest.jpg

Thanks,

Jim

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing that additional information and screenshots, Jim.  That really helps.  Has a network ticket been filed for this issue and area on your behalf recently?

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JamesN

No tickets have been filed. I was having trouble finding out how to have the issue looked at. I figured this would be a good place to get it started. Thank you for the assistance.

I would be quite surprised if it is just me. That shopping plaza is growing quickly. I'd like Verizon to be strong there.

Jim

0 Likes
JamesN

Do I need to do something else, or are you able to open this network ticket? How can I track the status of a network ticket?

Thanks,

Jim

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Happy New Year James. I think it is great that you are going above and beyond to get us valuable information about this location. We always want our customers to have access to all their services everywhere they go.  You stated that this only happens when you go into the plaza. The fact of the matter that the issue only occurs when you are in the plaza tells me that something there is blocking the signal to your device. Are there other Verizon customers having this problem at the plaza that you know of?
AnthonyM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JamesN

The other members in my family use AT&T. They do not have issues. I would have to ask around to find local friends that also have Verizon Wireless.

Are you saying the numbers I provided from two different model phones show a good signal strength? From my searching, anything under 100dBm is poor (Recall my phones showed 114dBm aND 117dBm for 4G). This post in your knowledge base says less than 96 dBm is poor.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-39986/

I'm sure going into the buildings is a factor. However, If the signal strength is not good to start with, it will simply get worse once entering a building. For example, I have issues with data features once I go into Kohl's, Dick's Sporting Goods, Target, Regal Cinema's, Cabela's and Carolina Ale House, all around the plaza.

Thanks,

Jim

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate this heads up, JamesN. Wireless reception can be challenging indoors due to restrictions caused by the materials that a building is built with. As a result, no provider can guarantee services is all indoor structures. How's service when you leave this mall?

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes