Genuinely Poor Customer Service
BadCustomer

Not sure if I am posting this in the correct "select location" area.  I live in a remote, sparsely populated area.  I am 3/4 of a mile from one of the very few cell towers.  I have a Verizon "dura" 3G phone and a 4G Verizon USB device to connect to the internet.  Service was great until December 2018.  Then, the signal on the USB device would drop to 3G to 1X, then out altogether.  When 3G would drop to 1X and then out, the 3G phone would show no signal as well.  Most of the time, signals would come back within 10 minutes or so, but sometimes not.  Customer service would generate a "ticket", and each time it would be promptly cleared --- "network performing as expected" and/or "coverage in your area is not optimal". 

I used the contact form to drop a message to the VP over sales and service (Dixon), and was contacted by one of his people "executive assistance").  At the end of December, I was finally contacted by a member of the network team.  He was great !  By the second week of January of 2019, the problem was found to be faulty equipment at a 3rd party entity that Verizon partners with to provide service out here. 

Well, service aint so great now --- same thing....4G signal drops out...blah blah blah...called customer service, ticket generated, promptly cleared with "network performing as expected".

Today, I put in a message to VP Dixon again.

Does anybody else have a technique that WORKS when trying to get taken seriously by customer service ?  I am fed up with this garbage. 

Does Verizon monitor this "community", or are malcontents like myself just tilting at a corporate windmill ? 

0 Likes
Re: Genuinely Poor Customer Service
mama23dogs
Legend

@BadCustomer wrote:

Not sure if I am posting this in the correct "select location" area.  I live in a remote, sparsely populated area.  I am 3/4 of a mile from one of the very few cell towers.  I have a Verizon "dura" 3G phone and a 4G Verizon USB device to connect to the internet.  Service was great until December 2018.  Then, the signal on the USB device would drop to 3G to 1X, then out altogether.  When 3G would drop to 1X and then out, the 3G phone would show no signal as well.  Most of the time, signals would come back within 10 minutes or so, but sometimes not.  Customer service would generate a "ticket", and each time it would be promptly cleared --- "network performing as expected" and/or "coverage in your area is not optimal". 

I used the contact form to drop a message to the VP over sales and service (Dixon), and was contacted by one of his people "executive assistance").  At the end of December, I was finally contacted by a member of the network team.  He was great !  By the second week of January of 2019, the problem was found to be faulty equipment at a 3rd party entity that Verizon partners with to provide service out here. 

Well, service aint so great now --- same thing....4G signal drops out...blah blah blah...called customer service, ticket generated, promptly cleared with "network performing as expected".

Today, I put in a message to VP Dixon again.

Does anybody else have a technique that WORKS when trying to get taken seriously by customer service ?  I am fed up with this garbage. 

Does Verizon monitor this "community", or are malcontents like myself just tilting at a corporate windmill ? 

Do you realize that CDMA (Verizon 2 and 3G service) will terminate at the end of the year?  Is the 4G device also LTE?   Are others having the same problem?

Verizon has some reps who check in on this forum, but they may not see your post.  

0 Likes
Re: Genuinely Poor Customer Service
BadCustomer

Well aware of the big network changes coming...probably why responding to a complaint like mine is not a big priority.  The 4G device IS 4G LTE....

Whole county has fewer than 5000 people - I am probably the only one using a USB device to connect to the internet, and it enables me to monitor the signals out here.  Others out here are having trouble with voice calls, but most don't report it/get tickets created. 

0 Likes