Re: Get in contact with Verizon about poor coverage?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It can take several years to work through the regulatory requirements and property access agreements to build or improve a cellular tower.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Leucadia

I have the same problems in Encinitas, California near Hwy 101 and La Costa Avenue.

I'm lucky to get 2 bars and 4G is a rarity.

If it doesn't get better in the next 3 months, I'll change to another carrier.

0 Likes
skatingrocker17
Enthusiast - Level 2

So it's been one year since I've posted about having the issue. Since then, I've had the HTC One M8, Galaxy Note 3, LG G3, Galaxy S5, and the Droid Turbo. In some quadrants of town, the 4G LTE service is good, but for the most part the service is bad. It's still bad. There's only one Verizon tower that's supposed to cover a large area but it's just not good enough. I don't even know where the AT&T tower is but the LTE service is fantastic.

Anyway, no one on our plan will be renewing their contacts because Verizon has ignored the issue. The placement of the tower is really poor to being with. The service on I-75 is good and the country and certain areas of town where most people don't even live. I know a lot of others who have switched as well. The service is so poor in the weight room I have to put my phone in a specific place to get LTE so I can actually stream Pandora and music from Google Play. I would say it's the building but AT&T's signal has no issue anywhere inside. It even works in my basement, whereas with Verizon I had to get a 4G LTE booster and put in on my room so I'd have good service everywhere in my house. Don't plan on Verizon fixing the issue, they don't care and if it's no an easy solution it'll probably never happen. I'm not going to pay $300 a month for service that is below the other carriers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely don't want to lose you skatingrocker17! Service will be intermittent and indoors will be even more challenging due to building penetration losses. In the interim, two topics which may be of interest: http://vz.to/URWQ3b, http://vz.to/1sNJm4t . For your indoor concern please keep im mind you do have 14 days to test the network extender and if unsuccessful you may return. Please share if you would like to move forward with this option. Thank you.

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
skatingrocker17
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate the response but that really isn't a good solution. It's not my house where I have the issue it's everywhere else in town. I don't have an issue making calls/texting anywhere, it's LTE data connectivity that's the issue. I already have an LTE booster that picks up and replicates Verizons LTE 700Mhz and 1700Mhz bands from an antenna that's on my roof. Otherwise, I wouldn't have 4G downstairs.

I don't want to leave Verizon, I have 5 phone lines and it would be a pain. But if other networks can provide what I'm looking for then it doesn't make sense not to switch. I would like for it to just work so I don't have to do anything but I'm just tired of working around it. It hasn't improved since we got LTE coverage in 2011. Most places I go, I have 0 problems with Verizon, but the places I spend most of my time at in town the LTE is very spotty and with 3G everything takes forever to load/buffer and it usually doesn't keep up with streaming services like Pandora.

0 Likes