Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Getting billed for non-existing message
Mark-J

My hardware setup: LG VL600 USB modem --> Ethernet modem --> router --> desktop computer. I do not have smart phone. So it is not possible to either get or receive messages. All my messaging is by email via broadband data.  Yet, my recent bill includes a charge for receiving a message from phone number 000-000-0000.  Looks like Verizon computers got hacked. I want the charge removed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Getting billed for non-existing message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Mark-J,

Hmm, let's get to the bottom of this for you. The USB modems ARE capable of receiving text messages. If you navigate to VZ Access Manager, there could be a text message in there for your account. It could be that there was a wrong number, and it was routed to your account. I can look into this for you, but we will need to do this privately. Please look for a message from me directly, so we can gain access to the account. Thank you.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Getting billed for non-existing message
Mark-J

I spoke to customer support.  They admitted computer generated spam messages are difficult to block.  They offered to block all messages, included those from Verizon.  I accepted.  Also got refunded for the spam message.

0 Likes