Good signal, way slow mobile internet downtown Albany, NY
ALODOM22

Mobile internet in downtown Albany, NY has been super slow since December 2017. If you need a location, around the 600 block of Broadway.

Most days, speeds are less than 1 MBPS.

I tried to chat with Verizon about it. After about 30 minutes of useless texting I got cut off due to ... poor internet connection!

All my coworkers with Verizon acknowledge the same experience.

Verizon, you must know about this, since your office is only 3 blocks away. What is going on?

Here is a screen shot from my speedtest on 3/28/18

Screenshot_2018-03-28-08-28-15.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Good signal, way slow mobile internet downtown Albany, NY
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which plan do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ALODOM22

THE NEW VERIZON PLAN MED 4GB

But many others have reported the same issue in that area. I don't know what plans they have.

Here is a screen shot from my home in Delmar on 3/29. Weaker service, yet internet and voice still work perfectly

Screenshot_2018-03-29-21-24-20.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ALODOM22-

I realize the importance of getting the best data speeds, and we want to assist with making sure you have no issues with your internet. What zip code are you in? Does it happen indoors/outdoors?

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ALODOM22

The zip codes are 12233 and 12207.

It doesn't matter if it we are inside or outside.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming that both indoors and outside are experiencing issues. Please clarify your current plan, and if other Verizon Wireless users are experiencing similar issues in your area.

TylerK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ALODOM22

This is why I never get anywhere with Verizon. It is so frustrating!

You people keep asking me the questions that I already answered instead of investigating the real issue. I already answered your questions in posts above, as well as providing screen shots showing the slow data speeds with a good connection at that location, along with higher data speeds despite a worse connection at a different location!

Here are the answers to your questions again:

I am on the THE NEW VERIZON PLAN MED 4GB

YES others in the area have reported the same problem.

The problem is with your network, not with my phone or my plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ALODOM22,this has gone on for far too long.  Let’s get you back up to speed ASAP.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
extraroast

Having the same issues downtown, 12236 zipcode. Coworkers and I all have to disable LTE to have any connectivity. Running the Speedtest app on my iPhone X gives the following results:

3G:

DL - 0.14Mbps

UL - 0.68Mbps

LTE:

DL - 0.04Mbps

UL - 0.02Mbps

Terrible service inside and outdoors. Doesn't improve until you move a couple of blocks uptown. Wish something could be done.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

extraroast, having service issues can be very frustrating. We want to help you with this situation and get your service running smoothly again. There are no issues reported in your area. When did this issue start? What device are you currently using?

IvoneA_VZW

0 Likes