Google Nexus S
rxeast

There is a lot of conflicting information out there whether Verizon will support the google nexus phones.  Do any of you know if this will happen and if not has anyone been successful with getting out of your contract with Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Google Nexus S
MKF
Enthusiast - Level 3

rxeast wrote:

There is a lot of conflicting information out there whether Verizon will support the google nexus phones.  Do any of you know if this will happen and if not has anyone been successful with getting out of your contract with Verizon?

I hear mixed rumors on this. Odds are you will not know for 100% until VZW makes an official statement. Ad for your contract its going to depend on the status of when it ends. If you just signed on recently you just need to pay  an ETF.  But getting the ETF waived is not likely since you leaving would be considered a breach of your agreement. 

0 Likes
Grothka
Contributor - Level 3
Why would you think you could get out of the contract?
0 Likes
Kvlt

Im going to go out on a limb and say that there wont be a cdma nexus s... Verizon likes to keep a tight grip on everything on their network and i doubt theyd want a pure google experience phone on the network. I actually left Verizon for At&t when the nexus one came out because i was tired of waiting for Vzw to jump on the ball. Sadly, im back on Verizon as At&t, as well as all other  carriers, are just poor in my area for the price. Id probably switch in a heartbeat to Tmobile if only they upped their 3g support in my area. Thats purely based on the Android selection and the Nexus line of phones.

0 Likes