Google.com is slow with 4G LTE connection
VettePilot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello everyone,

I am having a strange problem with my Verizon 4G LTE. I have the Pantech UML290 and I am using the latest software and firmware. I am using the Pantech on my ASUS Laptop.

When using 4G I can barely connect to google.com. It takes at least 30 seconds for the page to come up and sometimes times out.

I then disconnect the 4G modem and connect my wired FIOS to my laptop and google comes up instantly! I can also use my WIFI at home and it works perfectly as well.

It is ONLY when I am using my 4G LTE connection that I am encountering this problem.

Is anyone else having the same issues?

Any suggestions to correct the problem?

Thank you,

Jack Holt

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google.com is slow with 4G LTE connection
VettePilot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just checked it again and google is still working fine on 4G LTE.

I just hope that it keeps working the way it is now :smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
superspikky
I'm having this exact issue but with my 4G thunderbolt. And it's only when it's in 4G. I'd also like any suggestions.
0 Likes
VettePilot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wonder if we should contact Google to see if there is some kind of issue from their end?

0 Likes
dmc271
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue on my Thunderbolt. However, my UML290 is OK, I suspect because I'm using a Nexaira router and older firmware. I suspect this is a Verizon issue.

0 Likes
VettePilot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I never had problems with it before and there was a recent software and firmware update on my UML290.

dmc271, it is good to know that you are not having any problems with your Pantech modem using the older firmware. Would it be possible to try it without the Nexaira router just for curiosities sake :smileyhappy: I assume you are using the latest software version?

0 Likes
superspikky

there was a recent update with the thunderbolts as well, im kinda wondering if its on verizons end not google. Ive also looked around on a few other forums. Alot of others with thunderbolts have the same issue on 4G but in different areas. Some say they cleared up on their own others say its still an issue. Are you still haveing an issue and have you heard anything else with your modem?

0 Likes
dmc271
Enthusiast - Level 3

VettePilot,

Unfortunately, if I were to download the latest version of VZAM and connect my modem to my computer, VZAM will install the latest firmware on the modem, which my router doesn't support.

With the Thunderbolt, the issue seems to have been localized to OK and TX. But, also, it seems to have been fixed now, and I can access Google sites on my Thunderbolt just fine <knocking on wood>. It was supposedly a DNS issue.

Might it also be a DNS issue with your UML290?  To test this, can you access Google via its IP address? 74.125.91.99

0 Likes
VettePilot
Enthusiast - Level 2

dmc271,

Good morning :smileyhappy:

I just tried google.com and for some reason it works great now using my UML290.

Not sure why, I didn't change anything.

I also tried the IP Address you provided above and it works fine as well.

I will try it again later tonight, I have to work tonight, and let you know how it works then.

Keep your fingers crossed :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
VettePilot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just checked it again and google is still working fine on 4G LTE.

I just hope that it keeps working the way it is now :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
dmc271
Enthusiast - Level 3

Glad to hear things are working on the UML290.  Working on Thunderbolt too.

Now, if we could just get some rain around here at least once this summer! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes