Great Service to Zero Service
SKORPAD

For the past 6 years, I've had great service for Verizon (data, voice, text) at a lake cabin near Edwards, Missouri.  I was last at this cabin in October and service was great.  I could use Twitter, Weather Channel, Bank Apps, Facebook, Ebay, etc...  All loaded fast, video's were good, etc.  Now, I returned 2 weeks ago as well as this weekend and now I have zero data service.  Voice works.  Text works a little...group texts come thru randomly and out of order, some single person texts go thru ok but nothing with a picture (or it won't send).  I can't get on Safari, Chrome, Weather.COm app, Cnn/FoxNews, Twitter, FB...nothing, no app will load/work.

I spoke with tech support on Friday and today.  They had me reset network settings and then reset my phone, but no help.  One person said I might need a new phone.  I have an iPhone 11.  

I get 2 to 4 Bars and it says LTE.  

It has worked great for 6 years, then all of a sudden, nothing.  I can't figure it out.

Thank you in advance for helping.

-Ryan

0 Likes
Re: Great Service to Zero Service
SKORPAD
Spoiler
Address is Applewood Drive, Edwards, MO...Zip Code is 65326
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you forget we are living through a pandemic right now and many people have been staying home? Odds are that the year round residents of area around your cabin don't have equal access to a landline based Internet service provider and have to rely on the cellular towers. Add in the weekend visitors like yourself and others, the one or two towers that normally cover the area are likely handling much more traffic than what it normally had seen just a few months ago. It isn't exactly simple to double or triple the broadcast strength of a tower or install another fiber optic cable or two in order to increase the bandwidth available at any cell tower let alone hundreds in such a short time period. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SKORPAD

I thought about that, but the area doesn't have a large population.  Most full-time residents (there aren't a lot) have to use satellite services.  And the number of users last weekend is the same as every other holiday weekend at the lake, and Verizon has worked well for me on all of those weekends.  And there is also no service during the week days, when all the weekenders are gone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's our priority to provide a seamless network experience and we are concerned to hear that you are experiencing challenges with your service. We would love the opportunity to help you in any way we can. Can you tell us a little more? What is the zip code and cross streets of your current location?

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
SKORPAD
759 Applewood Dr
Edwards, MO 65326
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't post your personal information on this public forum including phone numbers, full name, and your address. 

The VZW rep asked for the zip code and cross streets not a specific address. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having a working service for your area. With regard to the service working for the past 6 years their could be a couple of things going on. Do you know of anyone else in this area that has the same issues you've mentioned? Is this the only area that you have service issues? JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
SKORPAD

I have heard some of the neighbors having issues as well.  For me, Verizon works great everywhere else I've been in the last few months (Kansas City, Cancun Mexico, Houston, Dallas...).  Thanks.

0 Likes