Great signal strength, but no data
TMac999

I have great signal strength in my home area, but no data connectivity. My iPhone 13 shows either 4 bars LTE and sometimes 4 bars of 5G, but I can not connect to the internet with any apps or services that need data.  I am on an unlimited data plan with less than 1GB of data used, so it should not be related to data throttling in any way.  I have tested 2 other phones and they all have the same issue.  In other geographic areas I have no issues with data. Zip code is 89511, in the south western corner of that zip. 

0 Likes
Re: Great signal strength, but no data
TMac999

Does anybody from Verizon read these?  I have called and logged a ticket, but they keep closing the ticket saying they checked out the tower and it tests normal.  My symptoms are - 4 bars LTE, good speeds from around 6:00 pm to 6:00 am (around 24Mbps down and 5Mbps up), but that starts to slow down dramatically as more people wake up and come on line - from around 9:00am, most times I can't connect to Speedtest, but if I do, I get 1Mbps down and 0.01Mbps up with a ping time of a second or two, and a packet loss around 90%.  This behavior happens to both of my phones, and to all of my immediate neighbors who are on Verizon.  When I am anywhere else in town (Reno), I get great speeds, so I know my phone is configured OK.  It seems pretty clear that my local tower lacks bandwidth, but Verizon won't admit this and therefore have no plans to fix it.

Anyone from Verizon care to offer suggestions as to what I can do so that my 5G Unlimited plan will actually let me connect to the internet (even slowly will do) and work during daylight hours?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have a great experience with your service! I'm sorry to learn about the issues you're having, and I'm here to help you. I would like to take a closer look into your account, so I will also send a Private Note. -Jordan

0 Likes
abdevinney
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just posted about the same issue in the Chicago area. Both my phone and my husbands phone have 4 bars of 5G UW with no connectivity. It’s incredibly frustrating. I ended up turning 5G off and have been using LTE with no issues at all, but I would like to be able to use 5G because I pay for it!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@abdevinney ,

We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing our new network improvements, but we'll need to know a bit more about it first. What is the make/model of your phone? Are you on the latest software update?  -Russell

0 Likes
jdchristoffer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had the same issue from the day we got Verizon. 3-4 bars of LTE but no data. Sometimes by rebooting our phones or turning airplane off and on, we'll get data for a short period of time. Speed tests show aprox 10mb download speeds. Then nothing. Would have canceled Verizon, but already sent our old phones in the mail for their promo, so stuck with them. 

Have wasted over 10 hours with support about this issue and nothing gets resolved. Good luck with your endeavors.