Harrisburg PA bandwith
Ceophoto

I had an iPhone 6sPlus and was only getting two bars on LTE in downtown Harrisburg.  Websites took forever or would not load at all.  I figured it was an old phone so it was showing its age.  Got a new iPhone XS....same results.  During lunch time it is unbearable, other times it’s not so bad.  How can I be in the middle of a busy city and not get more then two bars on LTE and get no results.   The only thing I can come up with is bandwidth on Verizon’s network

0 Likes
Re: Harrisburg PA bandwith
Ceophoto

In the morning, with 2 bars and LTE, websites open slowly, but is tolerable. Starting around 1130 AM things become very slow. Sometimes Bing or Yahoo will open a blank page. The bar moves about an eighth of the way across the top and stops.  Sometimes I receive a message that the server has stopped responding. Apple news app loads but either just shows the words of the story, or just grey blocks. After 200 PM the speed again increases to be tolerable, although some of my restaurants apps will not load the menu to choose from, or times out when I submit, and I have to get away from Market Square to submit. 

I do sit a little way away from the windows of the building, so two bars is understandable. But I go to the window and there is no improvement in number of bars. I have not tried to check outside, but I don’t want to go outside just to check the news at lunch. 

I pay for a good network connection and am happy with 2 bars inside.  But total loss of connectivity with 2 bars LTE is not acceptable. It’s has to be network traffic, and bandwidth needs improved. 

I am located in Market Square in Harrisburg. 2nd and Market. 17102/17105
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear that you are having issues with slow data. this is definitely not the experience that we want for you to have, and we will be glad to help you get this corrected.

We want to run a speed test with your device to see what exact speeds you are getting at the moment. When you have a chance, please click on the following link, and select Run Speed Test. Then please share your results with us to further troubleshoot the issue with your service. We will be standing by waiting for your results: http://spr.ly/660716TkS

DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Ceophoto

My download is 5.88.  Upload is 0.62

0 Likes
Ceophoto

Ran the same test at home without WiFi. 78.4 download.  24 upload.   4bars LTE

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing that information with us, Ceophoto. Your download speeds are within the normal range. However, your upload speeds are indeed concerning. http://spr.ly/660813m4p I've reviewed the area, and there are no open alerts. To gain clarity, are others in this area also experiencing slow speeds? Are other services affected (calls/text messages)? To better assist you with your service concerns, I've sent you a Private Message.

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ceophoto, that is great news. Those upload/download speeds are amazing. Did you still have concerns about your data speeds? 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes