Having trouble using 4G VZAccess Manager on an iMAC
Smoky

When I can get connected it works like a flash.

When I disconnect I lose the network. The only way to get it back is to quit VZA, disconnect the modem, restart VZA, replug in the modem and let it search for the network again. It will just not hold the network when I disconnect. My son is running 4G on his PC and does not have the same problems that I am having.

I am also using Hughes Net on my other MAC, and it may run slower, but it is always there, with no log in, I just click on Safari and it's there.I am running Safari on both iMACs.

And what does "Connected - Dormant " mean when I am still on line and the time is running?

Smoky

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Having trouble using 4G VZAccess Manager on an iMAC
enyalius
Contributor - Level 1

Smoky,

Can you give us some more information about your Mac?  How old is it, what OS X version are you running and are you running it in 32bit mode or 64bit mode?

As for connected - dormant, this seems to happen to me when I am connected to the WWAN but have not used the data for a short period of time.  The only guess I could make is that it is kind of like a 'hibernate' feature for the modem; perhaps it even helps to save you on the data cap by not requiring the connection to be active when not in use.  I really don't know, though.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
enyalius
Contributor - Level 1

Smoky,

Can you give us some more information about your Mac?  How old is it, what OS X version are you running and are you running it in 32bit mode or 64bit mode?

As for connected - dormant, this seems to happen to me when I am connected to the WWAN but have not used the data for a short period of time.  The only guess I could make is that it is kind of like a 'hibernate' feature for the modem; perhaps it even helps to save you on the data cap by not requiring the connection to be active when not in use.  I really don't know, though.

0 Likes
Smoky

I am using a iMac11,3, just a month old, running Mac OS X, Snow Leopard. Have no idea if it is running 32bit or 64bit mode.

I did contact Verizon and they sent me a new SIM card which seemed to solve all the problems until last night when I lost network and could not get it back no matter what I tried. So, I switched over to my old iMac6,1 which is running OS X Tiger, and everything again is running perfectly. See what happens from here.

Smoky

0 Likes