Horrible 4G LTE speed
gsr20det

I have a Galaxy S3 and at my work it says it's connected to 4G LTE yet I can barely even get emails to load. Fellow coworkers with verizon also seem to be having the same issue. Is there anything we can do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible 4G LTE speed
odoyle21
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not that I know of...  I'm in Minneapolis, and haven't had 4g data since before summer (April-ish?).  I opened a trouble ticket and they eventually left a message on my VM saying that there is just poor reception at my location, which isn't true.  I have full bars and solid connection to 4G, but my data speed is terrible, less than 500kbps.  After getting nowhere with Verizon customer service, I walked down to the local store to see if any of their display phones have better speeds.  They do not.  I spoke with a rep in the store and they informed me that Verizon needs to add a tower, but are having issues getting the building permit for any towers in downtown Minneapolis.  Basically, the network is over-saturated, and Verizon didn't plan properly for the load of the subscriber base in the metro area.  Seems to be a common issue looking at the discussions here.  Since I can't get an ETA, and it's been going on so long, I've resolved to leave Verizon since my contract is up.  I can't see any reason to continue to pay more for worse service than I'd get with pretty much any other carrier.  Just waiting for the right phone to be released to make the switch.  Hope your situation is more optimistic, but I'm not seeing any light at the end of this tunnel with VZW...

Best of luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi gsr20det,

We are dedicated to offering you blazing fast speeds where you need it the most! Does this only happen indoors at your workplace? What are the average speeds you are seeing when running tests? Can you provide your zip code as we can reference the area in detail to check for alerts. I look forward to your reply!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there odoyle21,

Minneapolis is a great city and I want you to be able to experience the blazing fast 4G speeds that we advertise there. I appreciate your support over the years and I would be saddened to see you leave.  I would like to review the trouble ticket in detail to see what we can do to restore our relationship and continue to be your service provider for many years to come.

Please follow me and dm me your mobile number and account password. I'll review the ticket and determine what the best course of action is.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gsr20det

Inside and outside. Zip Code 99216 in the Mirabeau Park area.

Ping          Download          upload

91ms        402kbps            44kbps

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details gsr20det!

Those are definitely not normal LTE speeds. I know you had mentioned others are having similar issues with LTE. What about calls or text? About how far do you travel before you notice the speeds improve?

Can you please ensure your Network Settings are set to LTE/CDMA as well as Automatic for System Select here: http://vz.to/1daMt1B

As well as run your phone in Safe Mode (http://vz.to/12aeieG) while at work, any difference?

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gsr20det

Calls and texts seems to be fine. I'd say about a half mile away from work all the data returns to normal zippy speeds. I use spotify for music and it usually won't load in the parking lot and takes a minute or 2 for it to start up, then the rest of the drive home it's perfect.

My phone is set to LTE/CDMA and safe mode didn't seem to help speed any. Videos on youtube take forever just to start then sit at buffering.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gs420det,

Just what we needed to know. And thanks for troubleshooting with us. Upon review, coverage checks out in the area with no issues reported. At this time, I'd like to recommend a few more things. First, I would stop by your local Verizon Wireless store to pick up a new free SIM card and test http://bit.ly/3SdsA . If that doesn't work, you may wish to process a hard reset before we look into filing a ticket with our engineers http://vz.to/16pEsMH .

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes