Horrible Reception in Santa Monica
Hillaj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm getting very poor cell reception in my new apartment in Santa Monica.  4G LTE has definitely not been available yet.  It typically shows a 1X transfer speed.  This is even after I spent several hours collectively on the phone with customer support AND spent over $100 on a network extender.  It does not appear to be doing anything.  Any ideas or advice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible Reception in Santa Monica
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hillaj,

Oh no, let's get you the service you deserve! What device are you using? What is your zip code? Did your Network Extender help at all? What kind of service issues are you experiencing?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Hillaj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung Galaxy SIII

I don't think so.  I've still been having spotty reception in multiple parts of the apartment.  For example, I'll hear the person on the other end fine for 4-5 words and then every 6th or 7th word will cut out, and vice versa.

On a separate note, I also received a text reminder that I need to re-verify my employee discount.  I recently switched employers but still have a company discount.  Could you help me with switching my employer info and verifying my employment with them?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Adam

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hillaj,

Cell phone service in an apartment building can be tricky because of the materials buildings like that are typically made out of, but the Network Extender should have definitely helped! I've requested to follow you. Please approve and follow me back. Then follow these steps http://vz.to/1cOOY6O to send a Direct Message so that I can review your account to ensure the Extender is properly activated.

I can definitely help you get your new employer's discount activated! You can simply visit this website http://vz.to/1gGFy1b to start the process.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
judyquint
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing for me. I live in Studio City but I rented a hotel room at the Oceana for two nights 2 days ago and I literally could not get a phone call in my unit. Barely could get any outside of the unit. Couldn't get any reception of any decent nature in front of the building on Ocean Drive and I'm at the beach today and I have tons of calls going to voicemail and I can't make calls out. The service has gotten progressively worse in the last 5 months. Not just in Santa Monica but just overall but Santa Monica in particular I notice it's terrible. I have a 5G Note 10 phone

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes