Horrible coverage
Disappointed_with_Ver

I live in an area (Watertown MA), that is supposed to get 4G coverage.  Currently, I cannot make or receive calls from my house without the call dropping (almost 100% of calls) and forget sending or receiving data (at best I get 1-2 bars of service, but it routinely drops down to zero).  I had an iphone 5 and just switched to a 6, which made the problem marginally worse, but its never been good service.  Can I get out of my contract if I am clearly not getting even close to a serviceable level of coverage, let alone what I'm paying for (4G).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there!

We want to make sure you are getting the best possible service. I checked the map of Watertown, MA and I see several 4G cell towers throughout the city. Are you only having difficulties inside your home? Does it show 3G or LTE when you are at home? What happens when you travel away from your neighborhood? Do calls drop anywhere else?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
IslandJW

I too have seen a decline in dependability and strength of service recently. Nothing new in my house or neighborhood that would interrupt cellular service. Powered on/off, turned off wifi, etc. with no improvement. It seems when I left here last fall, service was good, returned this spring and service is sketchy. I live on an island near the mainland so do expect less powerful service than if I were "downtown", but maps indicate that I should have at least reasonable 4G service.

Is there a possibility of storm-related tower damage over the winter? Is anyone checking on this?

zip code 04017, iPhone 6+

0 Likes
Disappointed_with_Ver

I sometimes get 3G, but not usually, never LTE when I'm at home. My home is very close to the Lowell elementary school on Orchard St in Watertown to give you a proximity.  I don't seem to have an issue anywhere else and the service doesn't improve inside or outside of the home.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IslandJW, Ensuring you have the best service possible for your area is important to us! I reveiwed your area very thoroughly. There does appear to be good 4G LTE coverage in this zip code. You mentioned that you live on an island near the mainland sobeing close to the water can have a conflicting effect on your service. Here's a link where you can put in your exact address to see your coverage expectancy http://spr.ly/6580B6bEA; I checked with our Network Team and I was unable to locate any service issues reported, recently. Are you only experiencing the service issues inside of your home? Have you changed your phone roaming settings when you went away for the winter: http://spr.ly/6584B6b16

TanishaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Disappointed_with_Ver

Hi Verizon Customer Wireless Support - did you see that I answered your question below?  I have copied again.

I sometimes get 3G, but not usually, never LTE when I'm at home. My home is very close to the Lowell elementary school on Orchard St in Watertown to give you a proximity.  I don't seem to have an issue anywhere else and the service doesn't improve inside or outside of the home.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Disappointed_with_Verizon,

My apologies, at times there is a delay in the receipt of your posts. I wanted to review your area, thoroughly. While Watertown looks good for coverage, overall;  I noticed that Watertown has multiple zip codes. Can you plese provide the areas that you are experiencing the 3G signal in? When did you first notice the decrease in service. We're eager to look into this for you.

TanishaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Disappointed_with_Ver

My zip code is 02472.  I previously lived in another area of 02472 and had fine voice coverage.  I first noticed the decrease in service when I moved to this location.  If you want more specifics, it is the area of Orchard Street, between Waverly Avenue and Common Street.  This whole stretch of area receives only 3G (your coverage map indicates it is 4G LTE, which should be corrected) and when I say 3G, that is a stretch.  As I mentioned, there is barely enough coverage to carry a voice call for a minute.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dissappointed_with_Verizon, I appreciate the precise details. I'm truly concerned about your calls dropping this way. I've sent you a  Direct Message for a more personalized experience. I would like to take a look at our Network Team reports for the area and possibly file a report for your home area, if needed. I look forward to working with you there.

TanishaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jmills2481

I too currently live in Watertown and upgraded to a iphone 7. I hear the people just fine they cannot hear me at all. Is it the phone or coverage? I am getting the run around with Verizon wireless and apple. I just updated the phone to 10.0.3 and that did not help. I only have a couple of days left to return this phone. Please help!

0 Likes