Horrible data service speeds on LTE
jbar3987

Recently I have been experiencing terrible data speeds on 4G LTE service on my Galaxy Note 3. I performed several speed tests and the speeds I get range anywhere from 1.48Mbps down and 0.18 up, down to 0.09Mbps down and 0.01 up!

These speeds are absurdly, and unacceptably slow.

I have done both a hard, and soft reset, removed and re-seated my SIM card. Global roaming is on, global mode is enabled. Currently my signal strength is -112 dBm 28 asu.

The poor data service is causing my phone to constantly be trying to communicate to transmit data and is burning through battery.

While typing this I ran side-by-side speed tests on my work AT&T s5 and it pulled 10.25Mbps down and 9.10Mbps up, while my Note 3 snoozed at 0.07Mbps down and 0.02Mbps up.

I've been with VZW for 5+ years now and this is a new phenomenon which if not fixed will cause me to leave for a provider with better data speeds.

Zip codes tested: 02127, 02222

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible data service speeds on LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd be hearbroken if you left us, jbar3987. You deserve better speeds. Let's get to the bottom of this. How long has it been this way? Are others with VZW affected the same way?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jbar3987

The speeds have been slow for 3-4 days now. At least one other user I know of has had slow speeds as well as 4G dropping to 3G intermittently. This also happens on my device at the 02127 zip location.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Slow isn't what we're known for, jbar3987. Let's keep digging into this. How are calls and text working? Is there anything unique going on in your area, such as a festival or other event?

LynnD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jbar3987

Calls have no problems going through. Text messages also have no problem, however, MMS take a significantly longer time to load than they have in the past.

No large local festivals going on, however college students have started moving in for the fall semester.

0 Likes
jbar3987

This issue still is ongoing. I'm managing to get 4G speeds of up to 1Mbps now.... What lightning fast service...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those aren't the speeds we expect of our network, jbar3987. Changes to the population, such as college students coming back to town, can have an affect on capacity in a location. Has this happened in the past when school is in session?

LynnD_VZW

0 Likes
jbar3987

This is the first time in 4 years of living in the same city that this has happened. It has never been an issue before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Speeding up your data is our top priority, jbar3987. Let's check some settings to be sure your device is optimized for speed. Is this setting turned on to Allow? http://vz.to/1HSyaIx

LynnD_VZW

0 Likes