Re: Horribly slow data speed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to give up Wetherb67. I understand the importance of having fast service in your area. Is anyone else having this issue? What is the make/model of your device? How far do you have to go for your service to get better?

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Florida6100
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

I am just south of you in Jasper, FL and I come through Valdosta all the time. The slow LTE speeds have been a continuing issue with Verizon since they added these misleading unlimited plans. Everywhere I go my data speed on a full LTE signal with a direct line of sight to the tower is 3 Mbps at the highest. This is 3G speed, not LTE speed. I along with many other people have tried to explain the extremely slow speeds to Verizon's Tech Coach team and their Network Dept. However, the only information they keep giving me is the same old story they tell everyone. Did you restart your phone, did you reset network settings, there are buildings in the way of your signal, and etc. The people answering the phones at Verizon don't have a clue what is really going on and they are trained to give you those same old answers. 

I'm a radio communications tech and I have connections with the contractors that service Verizon's repeaters and network systems in our area. They confirmed to me that Verizon is defiantly deliberately ordering their contractors to slow the data transfer rates way down due to the new "Unlimited Plans".

With that being said there isn't much we can do at this point because Verizon is playing stupid like they don't know what's really going on. Maybe if enough people get behind this they will put the data transfer rate back to where LTE is supposed to be.

wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

I get what you're saying, but why would this be the only area why my data is extremely slow? It seems to be fine everywhere else.

Also, Verizon, if you read my previous posts you will see that this is the only area that this happens. I designated the area that I am having problems with in the first post.

Florida6100
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon has that one repeater site "Tower" you're using set to a slower data transfer rate and some of the other sites might be doing ok. I am having the same issue as you. Most of the sites are being slowed down and then occasionally I will get 20 Mbps but that is few ad far between now. The site that my phone uses when I'm home is near the high school and it is very slow like you are explaining. Then I can go somewhere else and it will work fine for a few minutes and then slow down.

Verizon is slowing our speed down on purpose. Why? There could be a number of reasons. However, whats for sure is Verizon isn't about to tell you why or even admit to it. You see how they keep giving you the runaround. That's because they are using prewritten messages with generalized information.

0 Likes
Florida6100
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the urgency of getting this figured out. What is the make/model of your device? How far do you have to go for your service to get better?

AlbertoR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

We understand the urgency of getting this figured out. What is the make/model of your device? How far do you have to go for your service to get better?

About as far as the nearest AT&T store. Because at the end of the month I'm done with Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Florida6100, having a quick download speeds is a must. Speeds on a local tower can be impacted from numerous reasons, which include congestion, line of site, structural materials, and so on. We are not purposely slower users down. You air being deprioritized if on a specific type of plan or usage limit is reached. I hope this information provided clarity. Click here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/broadband-services/ and refer to the
“Does Verizon Wireless take any steps to manage the flow of data on the network used for Broadband Internet Access Services?” section.

AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We greatly value your loyalty and do not want to lose you. I have sent a Direct Message so that we can offer you more personalized support to find a solution and help you stay.

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
Florida6100
Enthusiast - Level 3

Talking you will do no good at all. You guys obviously don't read everything that we are posting in here. I said that your LTE speeds have been tested at several of your tower sites with no obstructions between the phone and the tower antennas. So why would you comment back with a response like this? You guys at Verizon clearly continue to push the blame on us customers when it is clearly your network that is the problem. Nothing is wrong with my phone nor was anything in the way of the signal when my test was conducted. I was also on the "Beyond Unlimited" plan at that time and I had just purchased the plan so I was nowhere near the 22 GB limit.

0 Likes