Re: Horribly slow data speed
Steve_Jep
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is no way in [removed] that the average home cable internet speed is between 4 and 12 Mbps.

I use COX for my home internet and their lowest plan starts at 5Mbps

Then 15Mbps

Then 100Mbps

Then 300Mbps(this plan costs $75/mo for 1 year then $100/mo after that)

There isn't a comparison to be made. If i didnt have to be away from home for such long periods i wouldnt even consider an unlimited plan through a cell conpany.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

Well, for what it's worth, the issue seems to have resolved.

last 2 speed tests done in this area showed comparable to other areas.

I REALLY hope this is the last problem in this area and doesn't recur.

I will update if it happens again.

stef7
Master - Level 2

I concur.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so glad it has been resolved, wetherb67! I'm hopeful as well, that it will stay this way.

Thank you for keeping us posted!

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

Well, I should have known it was too good to be true. 

Back to the same old crap now.

Screenshot_20171027-090242.png

0 Likes
vanigo
Contributor - Level 2

Hi stef / all

Do you know if 4G LTE up/dn load speeds should appox be the same.

0 Likes
vanigo
Contributor - Level 2

stef7 wrote:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/articles/4g-lte-speeds-vs-your-home-network/

Interesting reading.

This is on the horizon 5G the CEO has said that the high rate of adoption of data by consumers has caught providers with not enough oomph to deliver.

Skyworks Releases 5G Technology Paper (NASDAQ:SWKS)

stef7
Master - Level 2

No it is never typical to have max download speed = max upload speed. Even on cable or DSL, the amount of bandwidth allocated for download must be greater than for upload. Frankly, the population pushes much less data to the network than it pulls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wetherb67,

We want nothing more than to get this resolved for you. Although we see no network issues confirmed in your area, we'd like to gather some additional information that may help us determine why you're experiencing trouble with your data speeds in the specified area. Please check your inbox and reply our Private Message.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TEDWAG73

I know it doesn't help, but after slamming my head against the Verizon Advanced Tech Team wall, I've given up. The speeds for me started slowing on two devices from my work location and they suggested I connect to the company wifi. I don't know that I feel any better knowing that others are having the same speed issues.

BTW, the script they tried to run me through is infuriating. They wanted to reset my browser history in Safari? I had to stop myself from screaming.

What's really sad is that Xfinity Mobile has created a new unlimited wireless phone plan using Verizon's network. That's just brilliant.

0 Likes