Hot Spot disconnects
RJS1943

I have a SCH11-LTE hot spot that works acceptable during the day but around 5:30 PM for about two to three hours performance deminishes from 4G to 3G and disconnects are abnormally high - to the point internet reearch is impossible. Any thoughts on causes and cures?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hot Spot disconnects
bonez
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you haven't already - you should download the April 13 2011 firmware update which fixes some disconnect-related issues.

You can find it on Samsungs website here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SCH-LC11ZKAVZW (click software)

Note: requires Windows to install.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good Afternoon!

You say it happens around 5:30pm the past few days?  With it being a specific time of day, it may be an unusual level of usage. That is a peak time for people to be using their cellular services.  Is this still occurring? What's your zip code?

0 Likes
RJS1943

Our Zip is 21122. We contacted Tech Support via phone June 15th and they had us do a master reset. The thinking was that some setting somehow got messed up. Since doing the reset, we haven't had a problem.

Traffic volume was mentioned by the Tech an I understand the issue of diminished performance because of increased traffic but I don't understand how heavy traffic can render us totally without the ability to connect to the Internet.

Regardless of my understanding ability, we've been without problems since the reset - I guess that's really all I need to understand.

By the way, I didn't mention that the device is a Samsung SCH-11. Should have included that originally

Thanks 

0 Likes
bonez
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you haven't already - you should download the April 13 2011 firmware update which fixes some disconnect-related issues.

You can find it on Samsungs website here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SCH-LC11ZKAVZW (click software)

Note: requires Windows to install.

0 Likes
RJS1943

Thanks, I'll do that

0 Likes
ilocano

I hope this helps some of you.

I found the solution to connection dropping problem after 1 week of research and trial/errors.

Step 1: Call verizon support at 866-221-4096.

Step 2: Press 6 for MIFI device.

Step 3: They will ask you to remove SIM card, wait 10 seconds, then put it back in.

After doing this, it never dropped again. The tech person said by removing the SIM, it resets the cell towers it's connected to. He even called me 15 minutes later to make sure. He did say that he did something on his side too so not sure if calling is required.

0 Likes