Hotspot is Prioritized on Unlimited
Eric213

I am rather frustrated with my Hotspot 8800L.  I switched from the unlimited 100G / month to the 150G / month.  Within days my speeds dropped

from 12 Mbps Download, 8 Mbps Upload, Ping 68 ms, Jitter 6 ms, SNR 2:1

to: 1.2 Mbps Download, 4 Mbps Upload, Ping 136 ms, Jitter 30 ms. 

I contacted support, we did a reset on the device and the speeds were now in Kbps.  A ticket was created and afterwards I now get 3 Mbps Down, 4 Mbps Up, Ping 88ms and Jitter 15 ms with an SNR 1:7.  Apparently the "issue is fixed".
So for paying $35 more my download speeds are reduced 75% and upload by 50%.

I checked my total usage right now and it shows: 31.735 G Used.  Clearly this is less than 150 G.  I was told this is due to prioritization.  Well, I am paying more.  I haven't gone over on my allotment.  I also find this an odd explanation since the farm field does not have anyone new moving in.  I don't think the livestock are now using cell phones either.  How about fixing the towers?  There are 5 towers in my line of sight.  The closest is 2.2 miles away and I get a frequency on that one of -110 dB outside.  One month ago, the outside signal was -84 db.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Does Verizon care about their customers or are they trying to help out the competitors?

0 Likes
Re: Hotspot is Prioritized on Unlimited
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Eric! Thank you for reaching out to us on Social Media! I regret knowing you're having issues with your device and it's connectivity. I'd be happy to take a look to see what could be going on. How does that sound?

*Angela

0 Likes
Eric213

Hi Angela,

Yes.  I would appreciate it.  I waited a bit and the data is still coming in at 2.83 Mbps Down and 5.1 Mbps Up. 

I have reset the device and nothing changed on my end after the reset.

Thanks,

Eric

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eric213,

Prioritization is dependent on the cell tower because it services multiple areas. How long has this been happening for now? What zip code are you located in? Does service improve in other areas, or does it remain the same? 

-Mark

0 Likes
sagee1967

I am extremely frustrated as well. I also have the unlimited. Some days my download/upload is 48M/28M, and some days, like today  it’s 3M/780k (unusable for my work). 

0 Likes
sagee1967

Hello Angela. I would appreciate help as well. For my job, I totally depend on my hotspot. Some days it’s great with speeds of 48 MB/28 MB and some days, like today it’s 2 MB/780k and unusable!

0 Likes
sagee1967

Hello Angela. I would appreciate some assistance as well! I recently got the unlimited plan with the 8800L.  Some days it is excellent with 48 MB download/28 MB upload. And some days like today, it’s less than 2 MB download  and 700 K upload.  I have 5G where I live, but obviously the 8800L doesn’t support that. So I don’t know what tower it’s trying to reach.

0 Likes