Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,950 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
How can I make my Home Fusion 'mobile'?
mrlegoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Long story short, I have to work remotely from an RV in another city one day a week. I currently have Verizon Home Fusion/LTE setup for our home. I was hoping I could simply setup a secondary cantenna at the RV and take the router with me to work.  The 6th Verizon customer service representative I talked to (yes, took me 6 transfers and two hours of my life) finally told me that I would have to buy a whole new system (2-year contract) and service (at a tune of $80 per month).  The claim was that the cantenna and router are married together and one will not without the specific other. Can anyone verify or source?

Is the cantenna the registering device? Can I get another router and "simply" take my cantenna with me?

Or am I stuck disconnecting both the router and cantenna every time I go out?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I make my Home Fusion 'mobile'?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mrlegoman!

We always want to make sure that you have service where you need it to be. At this time, you are unable to use the same Cantenna for more than one router and you would have to buy a whole new system. I hope that clarifies things for you.

0 Likes
mrlegoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, this leads to my next question: If I buy another system, can it be linked to my current account as an additional device rather then having to sign up for another $80/month separate service?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another option is to purchase a USB modem from Verizon Wireless or another carrier. Then you would also purchase a new router that is compatible with the USB modem and create your own network within the RV.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mrlegoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, like a mifi hotspot, right? The problem I run into with that is it still requires it's own service plan. The last Verizon rep I talked to on the phone said he would 'give me a deal' for $75/month. In that case, I might as well sign up for a Straight Talk hotspot for $25/month.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Verizon wont let you share multiple devices on the same line when it comes to mobile broadband devices.  Each device will have to have its own line one way or another, but then can be linked to the same account. 

I would recommend a MiFi, USB modem or 4G Home Router paired with a booster or antenna solution should be sufficient.  The Wilson Electronics booster devices should be all you need for an RV scenario.

More info here:

https://www.weboost.com/boosters/vehicle

However, if your personal cell phone has a mobile hotspot feature, it might be more convenient to enable and disable that feature for trips where internet is needed than to obtain a 2nd line from VZW specific for that purpose.  The Wilson boosters would pair up with a smartphone in much the same way it would a mobile hotspot or USB modem.  As long as the antenna picks up the carrier you are looking for in the area you should be good to go.

0 Likes
mrlegoman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the link.

From my understanding, a MiFi with a booster will work. But this would require a additional service contract with Verizon.

No hotspot on my phone unfortunately. I currently already spend over $200 a month on our home internet service. Which peaks at 3 mbps and averages less then 1 mbps on the weekends. I'm just looking to figure out a way to work remotely without having to sign up for another sub-par Verizon service....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to work remotely is very important and we do want to make sure that you have all the available options, mrlegoman.  When it comes to a separate device, it would require it’s own plan and line as there is no way to share a line with multiple devices.  I personally used to use a Jetpack, but now just use the Mobile Hotspot feature on my phone. If you have a Verizon Wireless smartphone, this may be an alternate option, but it depends on the plan and how much data you will ultimately need for this remote work location.  Here is a link to our plans: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/.

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes