How do I cancel FamilyBase?
Anthromaven
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried FamilyBase, but its services for kids with iPhones are minimal. (It can block calls and texts but not the web interface, which as far as I can tell is what teens primarily use these days.)  Seems to provide more extensive blocking for Android users.

I spent at least a half hour in the labyrinth of the VerizonWireless site trying to figure out how to terminate the service.  It's clearly designed to prevent disenrollment from this service.  Finally opted for the customer-service "chat" option, which got me to a courteous and apparently efficient rep who said that FamilyBase would be terminated on my account.  But five days later I'm still getting date-usage reports, etc.., and MyVerizon shows that I'm still getting (and paying for) a service that I don't want.

Does anyone know how I can terminate FamilyBase short of jumping into Vz's voicemail hell?

Thanks,

Anthromaven

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I cancel FamilyBase?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Anthromaven,

Discontinuing your subscription to Family Base should be easy as pie. So allow us to make that happen. Short of giving us a ring at 800-922-0204, please know you can login to your online My Verizon profile as the account owner or authorized manager http://bit.ly/xB4iTc . From there, simply select "Change Features", remove Family Base, and update.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Anthromaven,

Discontinuing your subscription to Family Base should be easy as pie. So allow us to make that happen. Short of giving us a ring at 800-922-0204, please know you can login to your online My Verizon profile as the account owner or authorized manager http://bit.ly/xB4iTc . From there, simply select "Change Features", remove Family Base, and update.

EvanO_VZW

0 Likes
hammond4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Simply clicking onto the change features section DOES NOT work.  Family base isn't there but I'm certainly being billed for it!  I agree with the previous post; its so easy to sign up but almost impossible to cancel! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there hammond4,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues removing the Family base subscription from your account. Let's make this easy and I'll remove it for you. I certainly do not want you to continue for something you are not paying for.  Please follow me and dm me your mobile number and billing system password and I'll get that taken care of for you.

NicholasB_VZW

0 Likes
Anthromaven
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the various comments.  In the end I was able to discontinue the service via the My Verizon app on the iPhone.  If you click through to "family safeguards and controls" you'll eventually find a option to discontinue.  I never did manage to find this option in the website; it defied all of my efforts to locate it.

Too bad that the service is only minimally useful with iPhones.

0 Likes
mckaya783
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not able to find any way to cancel this on the website. Can anyone from VZ Customer Service help me?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there mckaya783,

I'm sorry the FamilyBase application didn't quite work out for you. Is there any particular reason you are trying to remove it?

Here are the steps to remove it below:

1) Launch My Verizon Mobile from device.

2) From the Home page, select Manage Safeguards.

3) Type Secure Login Password if needed.

4) If the Mobile Device Number Selection page displays, choose a number. Any Current Safeguards for the line display.

5) Touch the > by a FamilyBase safeguard. Safeguard details display.

6) Touch the Manage Roles button.

7) Select the Remove FamilyBase link. A message displays.

😎 Touch OK.

9) Review the change and touch the Submit Change(s) button. A Confirmation message displays and an email is sent to the Account Owner.

Let us know if you have  issues removing it.

NicholasB_VZW

lauriscakes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also want it removed for our plan but it's not working no matter what helpful information you've already supplied! I'm upset!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, lauriscakes! We can help with removing it. Which device do you have? Did you try to uninstall? Did the steps that Nick provided help at all? Share details so that I can better assist.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW

0 Likes
rallygygy
Enthusiast - Level 1

please remove familybase from my account too