How do I report a service problem?
Snarl2

From my home (Ledyard, CT 06339) I have no internet access and cannot run updates. If I travel a short distance away it works fine. When I try an update or to access the web from home, which I can do almost anywhere else, the phone shows "Network not available."  Service has worked here in the past, and just stopped working over the last several months. Spotty outages at first, now nothing. It is a Galaxy S5 that shows 4G with a very strong signal, but still will not connect. Wireless phone service and text work fine. Yes, I have restarted the phone many times, etc. etc. etc.

All I have to do to have the phone work properly is leave home (no reboot or anything else, just leave home).

I got tired of being on hold trying to call, have unsuccessfully searched the Verizon website for a way to report a problem, and am trying this as a last resort. It is amazing Verizon Wireless has links to almost everything, including how soon you are illegible for an upgrade (anything that makes them a profit), but they can't provide a simple link for support. A community discussion board, that may or may not be monitored, is all we get.

Next step, if Verizon WON'T make a way for customers like me to contact them with a problem, or at least provide enough manning for the tech support line to at least answer the call in less than an hour, is change service providers to one that will. I'm getting very close . . .

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I report a service problem?
Snn5
Legend

Snarl2 wrote:

I got tired of being on hold trying to call, have unsuccessfully searched the Verizon website for a way to report a problem, and am trying this as a last resort. It is amazing Verizon Wireless has links to almost everything, including how soon you are illegible for an upgrade (anything that makes them a profit), but they can't provide a simple link for support. A community discussion board, that may or may not be monitored, is all we get.

There is also Live Chat and when you call on the phone, you need to open a network ticket.

And, yeah, this community is monitored.

Have you asked Verizon over the phone or in a corporate store for a free SIM replacement?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Snarl2

I regret to learn of the trouble you have had contacting us. We want your service to work for you everywhere. Let's get your signal boosted. I did look at the zip code you provided and coverage looks good. I have a few questions to make sure we are troubleshooting this correctly. Do you have this trouble on other VZW devices at your home? Do you have WIFI access at home? If so do you have the same error when using WIFI at your home?

AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snarl2

I normally do not use wi-fi at home, but have previously set it up for a test. Using Comcast cable internet with a wi-fi router, the web and update functions work fine. The location service still cannot find my location. When I leave for work, within less than 3 miles away, everything begins to function normal, including the web, updates, and location service.

The problem started intermittently about 3 months ago, where the weather widget could sometimes not identify my location for weather updates, and has become a constant issue for about the last month. As previously noted, 3 miles away everything works fine. Tonight I will check how far I need to travel in different directions for the services to begin working again.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Have you tried resetting your router, perhaps making sure you are not behind a firewall and that the router accepts the phone's MAC address?

0 Likes
Snarl2

The router is not connected, powered off, and put away.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Snarl2

We don't want you to have to do that type of investigation. Let's get your coverage working now. How about other VZW devices any other devices with trouble? Also, lets make sure your phone is set to get the best signal http://vz.to/1Kkks3k. When you are in this screen please choose LTE/CDMA. Please keep us posted.

AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Oh, I see, it worked fine on wifi data, but network data seems to be gone?

0 Likes
Hood69

I am having same issue here in East TN, no 4GLTE no internet, cant make calls or texts.  is there an outage in the surrounding east tn area?  I really need this fixed ASAP!!!  I have a business to run here!!!!!  zip code 37650

0 Likes
janiebishop

Just wondering if you ever heard how to report an outage? In East TN and had no service all day.

0 Likes