How do you like your 4510L
TheSchneider

I still have the Samsung LC11 (now on the 2nd one) hours and hours with VZW tech support and Apple support and still having random disconnect issues. I am trying to get vzw  to exchange me into a 4510L just wondering about your experiences with it so far.

1. Is it true that WiFI shuts off if you connect via usb? Can this be enabled/disabled?

2. Any disconnect issues? Mac or PC?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do you like your 4510L
TheSchneider

This is NOT happening!!  I got the 4510L tonight, took it home and....only EVDO or 3G...no freak'n 4G !! The Sammy at least got 4G, this makes no sense! On with tech support now...more later.

0 Likes
TheSchneider

Another 2 hours with Tech support, had 4G for about 5 min now only 3G again. The tech thinks it may be an LTE issue and not a device issue. We opened a ticket here in Chandler AZ to see if we can get it resolved. :smileysad:

0 Likes
MiFi 4510L WiFi shuts off if you connect to PC via usb
WWierwille1

I got my MiFi 4510L yesterday.  WiFI shuts off when I connect via usb to my PC.  It stays on if I use the wall charger.  I am going to try a charging only usb micro cable (it took me a while to find one on the internet) to see if that lets me charge it with my PC without WiFi turning off.  This, the limited 4G coverage, and the fact that this device doesn't allow usb tethering at all are my only complaints so far.

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 4510L WiFi shuts off if you connect to PC via usb
TheSchneider

It is my understanding that if you connect it to a computer it will shut off the wifi, seems lame but if it's more stable than the Sammy I am ok with it.

0 Likes
Kenal0
Enthusiast - Level 3

I used the Samsung for 2 weeks without disconnection problems however I sent it back in favor of the Novatel which is much faster. I was unable to stream my Slingbox in HQ mode with the samsung, kept buffering every so often. With the Novatel, not as much as a hiccup. No delays on web pages loading either.

Kenal0

0 Likes
pchelper

I upgraded from the MIFI 3G and I can tell even though I will not have 4G available for two more months that is is faster. I like that it shows the bars on the top so I can tune it by moving it and the antenna around. I am using an amplified cradle antenna combo which doubles my signal strength. They are about $100. Also the guy at WPS Antennas clued me to put my antenna on a cookie sheet which helps even more. I am way out in the country and I get four bars but only one without the amplifier. I am having a problem that my 4510l powers off once or twice a day which is a pain because I have it in the garage and the laptop in the house so I have to go next door and turn it back on. I have it plugged into the 110 and I have set the device to the never power off option even on battery. I am thinking of going back to  the MIFI 3g till a firmware update comes out. I am going to call support and ask if I need a new 4510 first in case this one is somehow defective.    

0 Likes
flynhi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recv'd my 4510L last week and have been using it flawlessy on my company's IPSec VPN (no PPTP issues like the Samsung).  The 4G for some reason did not work the 1st day, and the only indicator I had was the violet led indicating EVDO.  The days following started to indicate the green led (LTE) and I've been very happy with the device.  I did have to take the first unit back to the VzW store because it kept power cycling and they exchanged it with no issues.   In talking w/tech support, the 4510L is not to be tethered by USB like the 2200 mifi.  It's only designed to be used as a wireless hotspot.

Very happy with the service so far!

0 Likes
flynhi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Kenal0 - Be very careful in using your hotspot for slingbox connectivity.  VzW does sniff the traffic and 20% of their users utilize 80% of the network.  If you are catagorized as an abuser, they will simply shut your account off with no warning.

0 Likes
Re: Like the MiFi 4510L
XCore

Mine is a big ole {word filter avoidance}! Biggest mistake I've made in 10 years of VZW service was upgrading from my perfectly working MiFi 3G to this hunk of junk 4G crapfest.

Can you tell I'm just sick of the whole thing?

- 4G: yeah, whatever, my 3G never failed and was twice as fast all the time. I rarely get better than 2down .3up

- Distance: Well, as lonmg as I tape the MiFi to my laptop it's ok but get 3 feet or more away from it and forget about it

- Support: Ha! Somehow it always "checks out" when I am seeking support

After 2 years of happily using 3G I am about to return this thing and take the cancellation hit.

0 Likes