How to report good signal but bad speed
fcs41184
Enthusiast - Level 2

In the town I live in, for over a year, we have a wierd signal issue.  We show 4-5 bars of LTE 4G coverage, but our speeds are awful.  0-3Mbps down, 5-10 up.  I would expect it to be the other way around. 

If I get a few miles south of town, the speed increases to 20+ down, as I would expect.

I have tried contacting support on the phone, and the agent could not understand the difference between signal strength and speed.  Our signal appears fine on the meter, but speed is non existent.  LTE is unusable at times.

The problem is not my phone (I have tried it on an S10, S9, Iphone 7, 8 and SE, Ipad Pro 1st and 3rd Gen) all to the same affect.   I have also tried it at different places all around town.

Is there a secret number I can call, or magic words I can say when on support to get this investigated?

0 Likes
Re: How to report good signal but bad speed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This has gone on for far too long and we want it resolved ASAP.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.  

0 Likes
Atascosa
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue. Been going on for 2 weeks. My zip code is 78002.

I used to get 20-30 Mbps down and 8+ up, but now it's

1-3 mbps down and 3+ up.

I'm on the Beyond Unlimited plan and only have less than 5 GB for this billing cycle.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there! I do see there was an outage in your area, but it has been corrected. Are you still having trouble with your service?

-NoahS_VZW

0 Likes
whitephnx1
  • So how do we go about reporting speed issues? I live in a semi big city and the speed here is horrible but out in the country way better lol. My speeds at full bars are never above 3Mbps. I have the highest unlimited plan
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello whitephnx1, we've sent you a private note to better assist. 

~Baldo

0 Likes
Atascosa
Enthusiast - Level 2

The slow data monster has raised it's ugly head again at zip 78002. On 9/21/23 the service went out for 3 hours. I've always had 3 bars of service and had zero issues with data speed or making/taking phone calls.  When the service was restored, my S23 Ultra no longer displayed 4GLTE, it displayed 5G with 3 bars. That's when the slower than 3G data started.

Both phones that are on my account are slow. Even the neighbors are having issues with slow data.

I have several tickets that have been opened and then closed hours later saying that problem has been resolved. The problem has never been resolved.

The current ticket that's still open as of 3 days ago is still open, but has not been resolved. I fear that Verizon is going to claim tower congestion and that there is nothing that they can do about it. Congestion? Way out here in the country? Odd how it was perfectly fine until this 5G update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're terribly sorry for the issues you're having with your data speeds. We will be sending you a private note to further assist. 

~Ivone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there. We would love to take a closer look at your situation.  What is your current address? 

~Ivone

0 Likes