Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How to report good signal but bad speed
fcs41184

In the town I live in, for over a year, we have a wierd signal issue.  We show 4-5 bars of LTE 4G coverage, but our speeds are awful.  0-3Mbps down, 5-10 up.  I would expect it to be the other way around. 

If I get a few miles south of town, the speed increases to 20+ down, as I would expect.

I have tried contacting support on the phone, and the agent could not understand the difference between signal strength and speed.  Our signal appears fine on the meter, but speed is non existent.  LTE is unusable at times.

The problem is not my phone (I have tried it on an S10, S9, Iphone 7, 8 and SE, Ipad Pro 1st and 3rd Gen) all to the same affect.   I have also tried it at different places all around town.

Is there a secret number I can call, or magic words I can say when on support to get this investigated?

0 Likes
Re: How to report good signal but bad speed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This has gone on for far too long and we want it resolved ASAP.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.  

0 Likes
Atascosa

I have the same issue. Been going on for 2 weeks. My zip code is 78002.

I used to get 20-30 Mbps down and 8+ up, but now it's

1-3 mbps down and 3+ up.

I'm on the Beyond Unlimited plan and only have less than 5 GB for this billing cycle.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello there! I do see there was an outage in your area, but it has been corrected. Are you still having trouble with your service?

-NoahS_VZW

0 Likes