Huge drop in 4G LTE speed this month in 10940
temperedmettle

I noticed this sudden drop in speed early this month. Anybody else in the area experiencing this?

I used to get 11-16Mbps download and 1-4Mbps upload speeds last month and even higher speeds before that.

Now, I'm consistently seeing speeds of 0.07-1Mbps download and 0.04-1Mbps upload in my area while using LTE.

I don't remember any recent changes to my iPhone except installing carrier settings update 19.1

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Huge drop in 4G LTE speed this month in 10940
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello temperedmettle,

That's quite a large drop in network speed! I can certainly see why you would be concerned. What zip code are you in? Which make & model iPhone do you have? Finally, are you experiencing issues everywhere you go, or in a specific location? Please provide some additional details, and we can work together to ensure this is resolved.

MichelleH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
temperedmettle

Zip code is 10940. I'm using an iphone 6 plus. I notice that my speed increases only slightly (1-2 Mbps download) when I'm in another area (10941). Hope this helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

temperedmettle,

I want to make sure we get you back on track. Let's take a closer to get this resolved  How far do you have to travel for the service to improve? Are you having the issue indoors or outdoors?

YareliM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
temperedmettle

I was about 4 miles out when I noticed the slight improvement. Had the issue both indoors and outdoors.

I checked today and I'm now getting 11-20 MBps download and 1-2 MBps upload speeds which is a LOT better.

Thank you very much for your help! Should I expect to see about the same speeds going forward?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Temperedmettle-

Thank you so much for the update.  Your data speeds should remain consistant.  If anything changes please keep us posted.  It's always a pleasure to address any questions or concerns you may have.

EmmaM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
temperedmettle

Checked outdoors a few times this afternoon and I'm getting about 0.3Mbps down and 0.7Mbps up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Temperedmettle-

Thank you for the update.  Do you know if other Verizon customers are having the same issue?  Have there been any recent changes to your device?

EmmaM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
temperedmettle

My wife's LTE speed on her iPhone 5s is similar to mine - slows down in our area, speeds up if we move about 5 miles away. No change in my device except a carrier settings update (19.1).

0 Likes